cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

***Possible Solution For Icemaker Dispenser Freezing Over***

***TRY THIS FIX, IT WORKED FOR ME!***  I  had the same problem with the ice maker freezering up and no ice.  Inherent issue with all the different Samsung models with icemakers in the fridge.  Then I found this video on line after hours of viewing other temporary fixes such as, code resets, blow dryers and ice picking!  Ice would dispense for about a week before the problem would resurface. The problem is when you initially set up the fridge, it is either left alone on the wheels or leveled with the adjustable casters.  This setup causes the icemaker to to overflow when filling with water, dripping over the right side, freezes and stops dispensing when the buildup of ice blocks the sensor mounted near the front.  The solution is that the fridge needs to be tilted back about 1/4" by raising the front casters to keep water from overflowing.  Make sure you start fresh with a defrosted icemaker using the force defrost. It's been over a month now with fresh ice and just a light frost on the underside and right side of the dispenser. It should be noted that the creator of the video stated that this worked for a few months for him before problems resurfaced.  I'm hopeful this solves my problems.

20200922_114531.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8SZrGZq_60