cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxwCC6UNWtl
Constellation

Re: Powerbot Noise/rattle

Thank-you.  I ordered a new brush.  My husband noticed that there was a piece missing on one end - it was  just a metal square.  I appreciate your reply. Smiley Happy

user6c7LXhlf8e
Constellation

Hi guys, I’ve been reading your post I’m having the same issue. After reading what y’all said I decided to look at my rotating brush and it’s bar. I found that the wheel baring on the one of the bar under the rubber was caught up in a lot of hair causing it to rub against the rubber incasement making a sound. I would try cleaning that and see the results!

userUx8xBPjc6k
Constellation

Thanks hypnospastic for the simple fix...I wrapped some teflon tape around the square end of the bar and the annoying loud rattle noise disappeared.  It appears to be a design flaw and there must be just enough play in that connection that its causing the plastic end to vibrate.  (Plastic vibrating against plastic).   The teflon tape was just enough to take up the looseness and the vibration noise has stopped.  Samsung if you are monitoring these emails, maybe a small silicone sleeve/coating on the square end of the bar could solve this problem. 

userzihfx5b4wU
Constellation

I'm experiencing this on a brand new power bot. Going to return it

userS6CTh8kHEu
Constellation

I have the SR1AM7040WG mine just started making a rattle last night very dissapointed. I havent even had this for a year and it sounds like it has loose legos in it. We keep this vacuum very clean. May need to go a different route. Looked for a service manual for this model but came up empty

user7V4ffsiZuo
Astronaut

I replaced the brush and it fixed it. I was apparently missing a rubber piece on the circle side of the brush (opposite of the square side) I wonder if you can just buy that rubber piece because it cost 30 bucks and the other was still in good condition.

usereEyHYMBead
Constellation

Mine is less than a week old and doing the same thing.  No blockage.  Disappointed and returning. 

userPIlAGJVWn9
Astronaut

I am having the same rattling and I have only had it for 5 months.  When I take the beater bar out it stops.

userepFjeR1cZe
Constellation

Me too, friends. Dopey question-- does the vacuum work all right without the rackety brush bar? Or should I go ahead and replace it? Geez. I bought mine new and I'v e only had it a couple of months. I want to love it.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userepFjeR1cZe, the Powerbot would need the brush bar to function. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.