cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userkQj9185vNs
Constellation

Powerbot R7040 making noise

We bought a POWERbot R7040 about 10 months ago. It worked great until about two months ago. Now it makes horrible grinding and rattling noises. I think it has something to do with the brush, but I’m not sure. What might be wrong with it?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Powerbot R7040 making noise

Have you tried flipping it over and cleaning out the brushes or seeing if there is any debris stuck in the unit? 

user21ipGXOfwr
Constellation

Hi, started having this problem today. Powerbot was purchased 1 year ago. I took out the beater bar and cleaned it and the inside surfaces of where it operates and the latching device that holds it in place. There was some gummy dirt build up on the latching device. Re-installed everingthing and while it does less of the screeching/grinding sound, it still does it. I ran it without the beater bar in place and the sound is gone. I re-installed the bar and turned it by hand. It seems to very easily click over what I assume are the motor drive lugs. I assume they drive a belt which drives the bar.

Is is likely that I just have a worn belt? Is that easily replaced by owner and if so, where can I purchase.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user21ipGXOfwr    We are sorry to hear about this. Have you checked the rubber bushings on the ends of the beater bar?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userTThqvxdq7p
Constellation

15775819660245896310922758650520.jpg

I fix the rattling noise, by attaching a metal piece to where the shaft worn out a cheap metal samsung installs on vacuum motor, in order to keep the shaft center.