cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userXRehnmps11
Constellation

Re: Powerbot R7040 mapping report

I am having the same problems with the missing map. I have had no problem connecting to the vacuum with my Google phone, but there are no maps like on the box. Or at least I can't find them. What gives? That was a feature that influenced my buying decision.

user8DO3HPPhD6
Asteroid

Would it be possible to get an update on this topic. There is no Samsung Connect App in the Google Play Store, it redirects to the SmartThings App.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@apexdestroyer13:  Thank you for your patience.  You would need to use the Samsung Connect app. There is no mapping option.  It does the mapping and stores it internally.  Once it finishes vacuuming, you can see the map by checking the history.  In Device control, you can either swipe down from the top and pick history or in the touch menu in the top right, select history.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

apexdestroyer13
Cosmic Ray

interestingly enough, I checked my history again today and noticed a map in there showing the coverage. this is the first map I have seen. the only thing I changed was reducing the suction from max to normal. attached is a screenshot of my history. maybe it only shows the map when on normal mode?

Screenshot_20171128-145006.jpgUploaded from community android app.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I wouldn't think so.  I'll check into that as well.   

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

apexdestroyer13
Cosmic Ray

it has cleaned on normal 2x since then and so far that is the only map I have seen.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@apexdestroyer13: Just to verify, no additional maps?  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@apexdestroyer13: Just to verify, no additional maps 

apexdestroyer13
Cosmic Ray

that is correct. only 1 map since I have owned this for a few weeks and been on a regular schedule. first map was 2 days ago.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

For the sake of conversation,  Could you try placing a shoe in the floor to see if it changes the mapping?  It's possible that it may not have changed due to it running the same route.