Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user7dzpHXDH4u
Asteroid

Powerbot R7040 won't resume cleaning

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently purchased the r7040 model powerbot. In the user manual it says that when in the middle of a cleaning it will return to the docking station to recharge, and then resume cleaning where it left off if the battery starts to run low. My powerbot will return to docking station to recharge, but never resumes cleaning. If I press the auto button it starts over the whole cleaning cycle over again. In other words there are rooms that never get cleaned. Does anyone know how to fix this?

There have been a couple times that I have had to manually place the bot on the docking station to recharge because it could find it. I didn't know if this also had something to do with the issue?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userEuDtcOcyrB
Cosmic Ray

Re: Powerbot R7040 won't resume cleaning

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes it is called Repeat.

That has to be OFF.

1) Turn Repeat OFF from your phone.

2) Turn off the main power switch on the underside of the bot.

3) Wait 20 seconds and turn back on.  ( you can reach a finger under the bot while he is on the charge dock)

4) Hit the AUTO button to start cleaning.  Bot should now clean, Dock/recharge, and pick up where it left off.

I found it took about 4 complete cycles before the bot would no longer get stuck somewhere and find the dock every time.

16 REPLIES 16
userEuDtcOcyrB
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have the PowerBot R7040.

Make sure that RESUME is turned OFF.  I know that sound wrong.

Resume tells the Bot to start a new cleaning cycle.  Total opposite of what you would think.

I had the same problem till I had RESUME OFF.

Also, you may have to play around with docking locations.  I had to try 3 different spots till I found a place that the bot is out of the way and it can find the DOCK.  For my house, takes 3 trip to complete everything.  My house is 95% bare floors and he does a good job.  Makes me wonder where all the darn dust comes from.

user7dzpHXDH4u
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was reading online that I needed to have "resume" tuned off, however I don't seem to have a resume feature on mine. Unless I'm missing something? The only option I have is a "repeat" option. I have attached a screenshot of the app remote.

userEuDtcOcyrB
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes it is called Repeat.

That has to be OFF.

1) Turn Repeat OFF from your phone.

2) Turn off the main power switch on the underside of the bot.

3) Wait 20 seconds and turn back on.  ( you can reach a finger under the bot while he is on the charge dock)

4) Hit the AUTO button to start cleaning.  Bot should now clean, Dock/recharge, and pick up where it left off.

I found it took about 4 complete cycles before the bot would no longer get stuck somewhere and find the dock every time.

user7dzpHXDH4u
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked! Thank you!

user8DO3HPPhD6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the information!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're glad that you were able to get that up and running!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userrCueQOOzKH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem.  It seems to stop without finding the dock.  I have turned the switch off and on and it still gets lost

userrCueQOOzKH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am not using the internet only using manual so there is no resume.  What to do

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userrCueQOOzKH Were you able to program a map for the device?