cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
usercJ98HqOI30
Asteroid

Powerbot r7070 fails registration Smartthings 99%. Cant communicate with Smartthings server

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi guys,

Just got a Samsung Powerbot 27070 robot vacuum.  It works great but I can't get it to finish registration to Samsung Smartthings cloud and app.  I've run through the app multiple times and have reset the vacuum, uninstalled and reinstalled the app but it won't connect .  The robot is connected to my Wi-Fi i traced its Mac address to the ip address and can ping it.  Zoo the vacuum can get.to the internet .Registration to the Samsung cloud service fails at 99% and says it cannot be added to smart things. The application then says it cannot contact the smart things service. I tried this from two different Samsung galaxy s9 phones .Just looking for other things to try.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
usercJ98HqOI30
Asteroid

Re: Powerbot r7070 fails registration Smartthings 99%. Cant communicate with Smartthings server

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi guys,

I got this working.  I found that my wireless has the ability to block or deny wifi direct connections.  Apparently the Powerbot and Smartthings utilize wifi direct which was disabled on my home wireless.  The minute I turned this on the app connected.  Anyone having issues I highly recommend you check your home router/wifi for this option.

Good luck.

-Jeff

3 REPLIES 3
usercJ98HqOI30
Asteroid

Re: Powerbot r7070 fails registration Smartthings 99%. Cant communicate with Smartthings server

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was told by support I need a Samsung hub to get the robot to connect to the Smartthings.  I purchased a brand new Samsung hub and added it today and still cannot get the thing to connect.  Gets 99% of the way and fails to register the vacum to the Smartthings.  I have been unable to use any of the mapping or great features because of this and am running out of my return window to send it back.  Any suggestions? 

usercJ98HqOI30
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi guys,

I got this working.  I found that my wireless has the ability to block or deny wifi direct connections.  Apparently the Powerbot and Smartthings utilize wifi direct which was disabled on my home wireless.  The minute I turned this on the app connected.  Anyone having issues I highly recommend you check your home router/wifi for this option.

Good luck.

-Jeff

userVHjxJVVoCc
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi I am having this issue but I can’t find anything in my modem settings in relation to direct connection settings.. is there something else I could be looking for?