cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kperform
Astronaut

Problem with Ice Maker Freezing Over Model RF30HBEDBSR

I purchased my Samsung French Door Refridertor in November 2014 and the warranty expired the following year  Within 1.5 years  I started experiencing issues with the ice maker not producing any ice because it would freeze over.  The freezer continuously produces clumps of ice around the ice maker and as a result the ice maker stops working.  I'm having to remove the icemaker bucket and chisel away the ice that is encapsulating the icemaker.  Then when it starts producing ice again, the ice is wet and I have water dripping from the ice dispenser.  Now the ice make is frozen in place and it cannot be opened. I've seen numerous complaints from other owners with the same icemaker problems. I called Samsung this morning and they will send out a technician and will cover the cost for parts not the labor cost. I am not sure if there is an actual repair that will for this problem. I found out there was a class action lawsuit for this problem but the model of my fridge was not covered by this lawsuit. Has anyone found any good solutions for this problem? The is very frustrating and disappointing. Even more frustration when I look at what I paid for this fridge. I thought I was getting a high quality product. 

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Problem with Ice Maker Freezing Over Model RF30HBEDBSR

Generally if the Ice Maker is frozen in place, then repairs are indeed recommended. With the unit being as old as it is, I couldn't honestly offer more than the coverage of parts you've already been offered. I am sorry we could not be of more help. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userFEhkai6Fy7
Astronaut

I have a rf22m9581sg/aa Same icemaker issues freezing over the refrigerator is not even a year old can’t seem to get help or repairs unless I pay a lot of money on top of the 3+ grand that I’ve already spent for the refrigerator would not recommend Samsung again

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Oh no! Could you send us a private message with your serial number? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Please get that to us as soon as you can.