Original topic:

RB10FSR4ESR gray block?

(Topic created: 06-30-2022 10:41 AM)
jimmyweda
Galaxy
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Recent purchase and the manual says "remove paper on spacer and then attach a spacer (gray block) on the back side of refrigerator for better performance. It is improving the refrigerator performance."

Now I went on chat with support and the person told me "not for user". Well why put it in the user manual then? And if that gray block does make it perform better then why wouldn't it have been done at the factory. That's like saying put compressor on refrigerator for better performance. They couldn't answer any questions I needed to ask so why have that support team if they can't help? I'm only for troubleshooting and ticket writing. Well he didn't troubleshoot anything.

The other issue I have is that online in "specs" it says "Gallon Bins - Yes, Total Bins - 4". Okay well the only Gallon bin I'm concerned with is the 1 gallon milk bin. There isn't one unless it has to be slim shaped. Now who builds a fridge at this price point that doesn't have a spot for your typical 1 gallon milk jug. Am I missing something obvious or does it not exist here? And I'm not pulling a (limited) shelf out so I can put milk in the fridge but loose space for food. I thought it would be the long lower bin which would make sense but it sure doesn't fit there.

And the "easy slide" shelf isn't easy slide. I've checked the track and the shelf and it's clean so what's wrong with it. If I were to try and pull it out with food on it the food would go flying. I'm really starting to regret the purchase of this fridge. I just hope someone has some answers so I don't end up returning it for things that should not have been an issue in the first place. 

Anyone else with this fridge having problems?

Edit: okay another problem. It won't let me register the fridge. Tried scanning QR code and that won't work. Tried scanning the barcode but doesn't work because I've removed it from the fridge. Tried manually input the info from inside the fridge and it says it's wrong info. It shows model # and serial # inside the fridge so how can it be wrong. I have input it 5 times and it won't take. 
1 Reply
jimmyweda
Galaxy
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Alright. Looks like support isn't going to be helping out here. I guess having a ticket number doesn't do any good either because it's been something like 5 days and they still haven't contacted me. I don't get it man. What is up with support.

Well there is an exception so I'm not giving up altogether. I was actually contacted by a person named Jessie who ended up taking my case and my hat goes off to this person for taking the time to make things as right as they could be. Still waiting to wrap things up but it goes to show there are some good people in there you just have to hope you fall in their lap.

The majority of the support people I've dealt with (and there is a long list) have been professional and friendly. Where it lacks is they are not either capable or allowed to render a solution. I think it would help if Samsung either put a team together, write an intelligent program or outsourced a group that would gather as much feedback, online complaints, surveys including previous data compiled and use that information and add it to their training program. It just seems the majority of questions I ask for help with they say it's beyong their job duty or technical abilities. Now, that's fine but they should be able to have a directory or at least in the support Bible as to who they can direct you to in order to find a resolution. The lack of any resolution I think is 99% of why consumers are frustrated. And a frustrated consumer doesn't help either side. It costs the company money each time they have to work with a customer who needs support. And like wise the consumer loses money being on the phone for support.

Based on the large number of complaints I've seen in the last couple months I'd say they're spending a ton of money on the support team. Well, I'm done with my complaining for now. This is good therapy for me though. I don't expect them to read any of this.
0 Likes