Original topic:

RF 26X cooling problem

(Topic created on: 5/11/21 12:31 PM)
userCwBucQrjv4
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi, I have a RF 26x refrigerator. It has some cooling problem now. It could work fine for someday. But then we found it would silently stopped cooling. We can feel the temperature inside went up (both refrigerator and freezer). But the outside screen still shows 38/-2. Auto test shows ok with 88/88. Only after a reset (turn off power for 30 seconds), then it will show correct temperature, like in 60+ degrees. And then after reset, it will take 6-12 hours to start cooling again, then it will stop again in couple of day (still shows wrong temperature). This happens more and more frequently recently, almost every couple of days. I have already changed refrigerator temperature sensor and defrost sensor. But that doesn't help. Would someone please give some suggestions what else might be wrong? (The thing confused us is why it works sometime and then stopped working, and repeat this cycle after reset). Thanks in advance for all your helps!

- BTW, there is no ice buildup in back panel and fan is working.

Model: RF26XAERS

4 Replies
clwgeorge
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Hey mom, maybe? George
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi!  Could you provide the model of your fridge as well?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userCwBucQrjv4
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Model number: RF26XAERS

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001027/  If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case-by-case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes