cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

RF23HCEDBSR/AA. Ice Maker Dispenser Flap Will Not Stop Opening and Closing.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung RF23HCEDBSR/AA . Ice dispenser flap will not stop opening and closing. It continuously cycles and the noise is maddening. Day 12 of this!!! I want to shoot the frig. If I do I will make a SAMSUNG Tribute Video...  We both work from home and this is affecting everything level of our work and home life and our very sanity at this point. What can I do to get it to STOP???

I have tried: 

1- resetting the board by holding down the power freeze and power cool button. Tried the same thing with power freeze and lighting. Neither worked. It will flash PC CH then 41 C then start cycling again.

2 - I opened the hatch at the top of the door and disconnected the wire harness. This did dot do a thing. Nothing.

3- I took out the ice dispenser, emptied it, dried it all out with a hair dryer, reset it all. Nothing. It jsut starts opening and closing again. Nonstop. Beeping obnoxiously from time to time.

4- I powered the frig off for 15 minutes and then plugged it back in. No difference.

Please help! It is 15 months old but they were going to give me a one-time fix free of service. I have email saying so but now they cancelled the ticket bc no service center wants to come to my address in the country. 12 days of constant noise!!! I am losing it... my patience and my mind.

On a different note, The dishwasher we purchased at the same time is having a similar issue and I had to throw the breaker to it. Same issue with that repair ticket.

Lastly, we bought a gas range that same day. All 3 new Samsung appliances. The gas range was defective. I was finally told that I would be refunded for that purchase. I have that in writing, dated back in MAy 2020. No check has ever come, no matter how may times I email and call. I am always given the run around. 

I AM LIVID. POSITIVELY LIVID. I have been a huge fan of Samsung electronics. Never had an issue, had great service. It is an entirely different situation with their appliances and service for that sector. I have been disrepected, told to be happy for the help I was getting (NOT getting), hung up on, treated like a petulant child, more. I am 50+ hours into trying to get these fixed, to no avail... not one apology. No compassion. No concern. This was my first time buying new appliances. I had been so excited! This has been a total NIGHTMARE!!! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF23HCEDBSR/AA. Ice Maker Dispenser Flap Will Not Stop Opening and Closing.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your ticket number via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your ticket number via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a similar model and it's doing the same thing.