cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

RF23HCEDBSR - Do refrigerators only last 3 years now?

I bought my refrigerator from Best Buy almost exactly three years ago.  The model RF23HCEDBSR.  I had the ice maker repaired once under warranty.  The repairman told us the issue would continue to happen.  Mind you this is a Samsung authorized repairman.  After it was out of warranty, I had to have the same issue fixed yet again.  Now on Sunday, the whole unit will not power on.  I paid $220 again yesterday to have a Samsung authorized repair person out.  This time there was a short in the unit that he said was probably a manufacturer defect.  He said if it went out again the next repair would be $700 to replace the control panel.  In what universe, does a refrigerator last 3 years?  Help me understand!  I have been a SUPER loyal Samsung customer, but if they don't make this right, I will never ever buy another Samsung product.

3 REPLIES 3
Constellation

Re: RF23HCEDBSR - Do refrigerators only last 3 years now?

yikes
Astronaut

wow that's sad they do the same thing with I phones after a time they *turn themselves off*
Constellation

When I was a kid our family had a fridge that was moved from house to house, to house. He had become a member of the family. We gave him a name........FRANK.