Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lurbanov
Constellation

RF23M8070SR Force Defrost

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung refrigerator model RF23M8070SR. The ice maker keeps jamming up with ice. How do I put this fridge into Force Defrost mode?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF23M8070SR Force Defrost

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, you can find steps for this here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001861/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

13 REPLIES 13
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, you can find steps for this here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001861/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

lurbanov
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This response does not answer my question. The ice maker on this fridge jams up with ice once a month. I cannot unplug the fridge for 24 hours once a month just to keep the ice maker working.

How do I force the ice maker to defrost. Other Samsung fridges have this cycle. How do I activate it on this model?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can only reset the ice maker. To defrost it, the entire unit would have to be defrosted. 

usernkRME838IN
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the exact same problem. Do you have any idea why the ice maker freezes up? It would be a hassle to have to shut the whole thing down every week. That is how often ours is freezing up. Since the ice maker sits in the refrigerator, would adjusting the temp help? Ours is currently set at 35 degrees farenheit. 

Mardy_Rich
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this is their flagship fridge and where is no way to do a forced defrost?... the reset does not work.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To Force Defrost the refrigerator, follow the following steps:

1. Press the Control Lock and Freezer buttons at the same time for at least 6 seconds. The Control Display will blink with an interval of 0.5 seconds.
In that case, you may take your fingers off both buttons and press the Control Lock button to enter the Test Mode.
2. In this mode, you may press any button on the Panel to start the test.
3. When you press the button, the mode shifts in the following order for the test: Forced Operation → Forced Defrosting→ Cancellation (normal operation) → Forced Operation
4. If you want to cancel the Test mode in the middle, please turn OFF the power and turn it ON again.

3-1) If you press the Lock key again while the Forced Operation (FF A) is running, Fd is displayed on the Display, the Forced Operation is cancelled immediately and the Forced defrosting (Fd) operation runs.
3-2) If Forced Freezer compartment defrosting or Fridge Compartment defrosting (Fan Defrost) (Fd) begins, a beeping sound will be heard for 2 seconds and then the sound will be turned on for 0.5 seconds and then off for 0.5 seconds repeatedly while the Forced defrosting function runs.

4-1) When the refrigerator is performing the defrosting operation of both the freezer and the fridge compartments through the Forced Operation, if you switch the Display Panel to Test Mode and press the Lock key again, the defrosting operation of the freezer and the fridge compartments is released and the refrigerator returns to normal

Mardy_Rich
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The provided model number was RF23M8070SR/AA. We will need the full model of the one you are asking about to provide any information.

Mardy_Rich
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry I got a little lost in the forums trying to find a solution.. its this one.  Thanks for your help.

RF22K9581S (RF22K9581SG/AA)