cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userJeySbao6hC
Constellation

RF25HMEDBSR/AA freezer and ice maker not working

Both Ice Maker and Freezer stopped working all of a sudden on French dorr refridgerator at muy place Model: RF25HMEDBSR/AA . I tried to troubleshoot following many suggestions on this and other communites but no success.

It is not thawed. No ice build up on coils. Both fans in Freezer and Fridge compartmets working fine.

The error 40 E is displayed upon frodge restart, which is "Freezer defrost malfunction"

Would appreaciate any help on this. 

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF25HMEDBSR/AA freezer and ice maker not working

I would love to assist you with this. Please send me a private message with your serial number.

userJeySbao6hC
Constellation

Re: RF25HMEDBSR/AA freezer and ice maker not working

Update: Samsung Technician visted and inspected the refrigerator. Per the technician, there is a small gas leak from freezer coil which is beyond repair.

This is just over 5years old refrigerator, which I bought well over $3000 price tag. Now the warranty is gone and Samsung support unable to help with refund or replace and I have to buy a new refrigerator.

For a premium price, Samsung is selling low quality products. I am not happy with Samsung quality.  I will definitely not buy Samsung refrigerator again. 

My old refrigerator by another manufacturer worked well over 15years. Not a fancy one, but gave me no trouble. 

Sorry Samsung you lost another customer.