RF260BEAESR Ice maker not working and will not reset

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userBYAvJbbv8p
Astronaut

Re: RF260BEAESR Ice maker not working and will not reset

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I never  answered all your questions previously.  There is NO ice buildup in, on, or around the unit that I am able to see of feel.  All the door seals are intact and closing properly. I have NOT tried defrosting the unit completely, but I will attempt to do so. The trblshooting link suggests replacing the filter. BINGO!!Will do that as soon as it arrives as the indicator light is constant red. Thank you for your assistance!

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there any ice build up inside the unit? Are the door seals intact? Have you tried defrosting the unit?

userBYAvJbbv8p
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This unit has the chest freezer, so I cannot visulize the ice making unit without removing all of the chest drawers and sliding in from the bottom.  It was purchased June 2014 and this is the first time we have experienced a problem.  I cleaned out the ice tray empty and looked for a reset button which I am unable to locate.  The ice off button is turned to the on position for the last 2 days and we have only made about 1 quart of ice cubes total. After reading all of the bad luck stories with all of the other models, I am having serious concerns.  The first time for bad luck in 5 years.  The ice cubes made are complete, well frozen but low in quantity.  In the past, it would regenerate a panfull overnight. Now I only get enough to fill 1/2 of a small pitcher. Complete access to this unit would require loads of effort and though I am very mechanical, at my age it is more difficult than I would desire.  If there is a reset button, where is it located?

Also, there is no water leakage or dripping or icicle mess.  Where do I go from here?  We have loved this refrigerator since our purchase, but are dissappointed with this problem, since it began 1 month ago.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please try the troubleshooting located here: Link

userBYAvJbbv8p
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I never  answered all your questions previously.  There is NO ice buildup in, on, or around the unit that I am able to see of feel.  All the door seals are intact and closing properly. I have NOT tried defrosting the unit completely, but I will attempt to do so. The trblshooting link suggests replacing the filter. BINGO!!Will do that as soon as it arrives as the indicator light is constant red. Thank you for your assistance!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Great! You are quite welcome.