cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baclagg
Asteroid

RF263BEAESR/AA Refrigerator Water Under the Crisper Drawers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have a Samsung refrigerator RF263BEAESR/AA that we have noticed has a sheet of ice and water under the crisper drawers. After a search on the internet, I have found that this is a very common problem and there may even be a class action law suit concerning this problem. The refrigerator is less than two years old and after a call to Samsung, all they would suggest is that I have service come out for repair. It was $90.00 just to have them show up!

There is a known defect in the design of this refrigerator, it is not a case of something wearing out. This problem exsisted when the refrigerator came off of the assembly line. Samsung refuses to do anything about it. I have a refrigerator, microwave, dish washer and range that are all Samsung and I also have their televisions, but there is one thing I will not tolerate and that is a company not standing behind their products. I will NEVER purchase another Samsung product again. As this junk wears out, or develops problems, it will all be replaced with another manufacturers product.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF263BEAESR/AA Refrigerator Water Under the Crisper Drawers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Service would be recommended if the water continues to return. To answer your question @Mid coverage depends on the warranty status. If the unit is within a certain age then the warranty will cover the repairs, however, if the warranty has expired then the cost of repairs then falls on the owner. We do handle issues on a case by case basis though so if you'd like someone to look into your issue specifically you are welcome to message us here: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

144 REPLIES 144
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi baclagg, Would you happen to have any transaction numbers that we could look into?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

baclagg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

4315462154 was the first contact I made. I do not have the number for the second contact if the number is different.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you double check that reference number for us?  It's coming up invalid on our end.

baclagg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try this:

Case Number: 4136742808

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this information. I was able to find your ticket in our systems.I have looked over your case and I see your device's warranty expired 11/30/2015. Because of this, your device would be classified as out of warranty. If you would like for me to look more into this case for you, please provide the following information via a private message. 
Device's serial number
Full name
Address
2 phone numbers
Email address
Copy of your bill of sale

Thank you. 

baclagg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have sent the information requested via private message.

userKOiv1aZ7sQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same problem . If you have a ice maker chute , I have noticed that the gasket does not seem to fit perfectly around the chute opening and have noticed water dripping from that area and working its way down to under the crisper drawers . I too have alot of Samsung products and this is the first one that we are not pleased with .

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After wiping away the water, it's returning correct?

joejoe57
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem, water under both crispers. Thought it was coming from water filter or the housing for the filter. Replaced both. Still water under both crispers. Now looking at  the water tank assy', because that is right behind the left crisper.  Either the water connection there is bad or the tanks have a crack. Will take apart this weekend and let u know what I find. I have the french door refigerator RF26XAERS.