cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user4SYpWHHhWV
Constellation

RF263TEAESR ICE MAKERS IS FROSTING OVER AND BLOCKS ICE

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My ice makers frost over and blocks the ice cubes from dropping. The ice makers also makes a barking sound before dispensing ice.  I have to defrost it (ice maker) at least once a week then reset it. What's wrong, other than being a Samsung? I've seen a lot of bad reviews about their refrigerators. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF263TEAESR ICE MAKERS IS FROSTING OVER AND BLOCKS ICE

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What do you have your temperature set to? It may be too high and this could be the cause for the frost build-up. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What do you have your temperature set to? It may be too high and this could be the cause for the frost build-up. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

user4SYpWHHhWV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Temp is 0 for the freezer, 34 for refrigerator.

userUprUIAKK0b
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had the same problem with this ice maker for 4 years!  I've had 3 new ice makers put in and it still freezes over.  The repairman told me that even Samsung does not know how to fix the problem.  It is very dangerous to use a hair dryer to unblock the frost.  Samsung has put out a defective product and will not own up to it.  Sounds like a class action lawsuit!

@SamsungDarius wrote:

What do you have your temperature set to? It may be too high and this could be the cause for the frost build-up.   -2 degrees.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userUprUIAKK0b If you would like further assistance you can reach us by private message.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The recommended temparature for the fridge is 40 degrees. It is possible this is the cause for the frost bulid up in the fridge. I would also recommend checking the seals around the doors. Moisture forms in the fridge when warm air enters through a door being left open, warm or hot items stored inside, or compartments not sealing properly. Check the alignment of the left side door.