userRJ79919n02
Astronaut

Re: RF267 refrigerator fills with water and freezes

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userRJ79919n02
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this is by far the best video on youtube of how to fix the fridge please give this a star to bring it to the top of the help page

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=_yfMXmNQgEg

userkjdmwtIDNf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here.  My RF267AB was serviced under warranty for the ice build up in 2015, but I don't think the issue was fixed, because it just built up again, right down the center line.  It's noisy as heck.  This AM I pulled the deli drawer out and there was about an inch of water under it.  Made a puddle on the floor.  I would expect that since this is such a common issue, Samsung would repair it under a recall.  I registered my refrigerator online when I bought it, but now it's not showing up under my account, so if there was a recall, I'm not sure I would have been notified.

user7YseQKMOTJ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung French Door refrigerator (Model RF263AERS/XAA, purchased in 2011) also is retaining a pool of water that freezes under the crisper drawers.  This has happened twice within the last 6 months.

Samsung, how can this best be repaired?

Mrmessy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the referigerator with the sodastream.  having the same problems.  so far i have replaced all of the sensors and still having the issues.  

next step is to replace the defrosting heating element.  if that doesn't work, then it's replacing the boards....

if that doesn't work, then junk it and get a different refrigerator....

My friend bought the geek squad warranty when they bought theirs.  got a brand new refrigerator when they had issues.  thought it was a bad purchase before, but now, apparently that was genius.  

What happened to the days of appliances lasting decades?  Where's that class action law suit against Samsung?  This is ridiculous.

userUJKqTdJBhT
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same problem with our Samsung RF217ACWP.  Water was filling both cripser drawers and pooling on our kitchen floor.  We replaced the drain clip with a Samsung drain clip about a month ago, and in the last week, water has started collecting in the left crisper drawer again.

Samsung you should be ashamed of yourself.  This is a well known issue and you’ve done NOTHING to compensate people for the trouble, nor have you acknowledged a problem.  These are expensive appliances people have spent their hard earned money on....and now they are basically useless unless we want our floors and food ruined.

You need to make this right.

userJd05mzzIMe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree, Samsung should be ashmed of themselves.  They should offer free replacement parts and pay for the service call

userk1r3hkiEqD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem with my Samsung and we do not have an ice maker. I took the back cover off and cleaned the drain tube so the water flowed well. In less than a month the problem came back. I am not going to waste money on a fix that obviously does not work but will just keep wiping up water ever few days until we dump this refrigerator! Since we had no problem the first 2 years it seems something must have worn out or broke that could be fixed or replaced??

user1LJNG9YgkO
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having this same problem with a model rf260beae refrigerator.  I've seen a few websites with class action lawsuits and similar problems issues, but none with my model number.  Has anyone successfully repaired this with a fix that lasts?  My crisper drawer keeps getting stuck because water pools under it and freezes...

userHouFw4LSIi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is so sad. I'm in the same position as everyone else. I purchased a Samsung bc I thought it was a better brand. HaH! What a mistake. The water started accumulating under the Deli/Crisper drawer and it has to be cleaned out every other week. I let it freeze and then bang it out with a hammer and clean out the ice and water. Force defrosting the drain line does not fix the problem and it's easy to bang out the ice that to remove everything from the refrigerator to remove the back panel and defrost the drain.

Whenever I hear of some one wanting to buy a Samsung appliance I warn them to stay away. Our Samsung dishwasher buttons work whenever they want, some times they go on and some times not. What a piece of junk!!