cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userIrkn6CfbhU
Constellation

Re: RF267 refrigerator fills with water and freezes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Take responsibility for a manufacturing defect.  How many hundreds of messages and calls do you need to receive before you make this problem right???  There MUST be a recall so you can make this error right.  It is despicable that Samsung puts this off on the consumer.  I too, will never buy another Samsung product, neither will any of my family and friend friends.  The sales people at our local big box stores are not giving favorable recommendations for Samsung appliances.  Wake up.

userisR2k6bxio
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I guess I am one of those unlucky persons also that has a French door Samsung that has the same freezing problems under the crispers. I have replaced the storage bottles twice because of broken connections. The last onje cost around $200.00 for parts and servise repairman. That was about 6 months ago and now I am having the same issue! I am thinking of just bypassing the storage bottles and go direct to the water dispenser. It won't be cold water as it will be coming from the tap but that is better than replacing storge bottles every 6 months. I bought this refrigerator on a recommendation of a friend from Lowe's. I don't foresee me buying ANY Samsung products in the future. I'll stick with Frigidaire or GE!!

uservo5lsQj7aH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After reading through this email string I realize that our problem is not uniquie.  Our Samsung RF 267 has been doing the same thing.  After initially researching  the problem we too found the youtube video and did the fix.  Except that it was a temporary band aid.  The refridgerator has now become a threat to our wood floors.  Seeing how Samsung is now the most profitable company in the world (it just surpassed apple) it would make sense that they would stand behind their product and offer a fix.  The fridge is beautiful and in flawless shape outside of this issue.  An issue that was created by putting a product that was not thoroughly tested on the market.  It would do a lot for my faith in Samsung if they would offer a fix for the problem.  It was an expensive buy and a downright shame to throw in the landfill....

Lisa  

userduiZr4fyI3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung fridge is doing the same and I wish there was some way even blocking in the water to cause this not to happen a fridge should last more than 4 years.  I will never ever buy another Samsung product of any kind (currently we own a **bleep**ty fridge and a washer/dryer)

userY64lpYgQNb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It doesn't get better with age!!! It's a piece of junk - Don't buy a SAMSUNG FRIDGE!

I purchased mine (RF26XAEWP) more than 5 years ago, and am having the same problem. Early on I called customer service and had the same experience - being advised by the Samsung "Service Expert" and then by the "Service Technician" to contact a service repairman to come out and correct the problem. I called a local service shop that offers advice and sells parts for those willing to attempt a repair themselves, rather than paying the high cost of service calls. I'm not against folks who do this kind of thing for a living, but I expect a reapir to correct a problem. If I do it myself and it doesn't work at least I know I did not pay someone else not to fix it! My problems have continued for more than 5 years - so I'm fairly sure that although this has been a major problem for Samsung their more current models do not address this problem, based on the number of complaints seen on a Samsung established and monitored website, for Pete's sake! These products are widely disdained all over the www.

This appliance does cool and freeze, but that is all it does well. It's metal is thin and is unusually prone to denting and deformation. Water leaking from the ice maker and seeping under the door caused the paint on mine to bubble and peel, leaving the extremely thin layer of metal (steel?) to rust, pit and create holes under it. The ice in the ice bin, at the opening to the dispenser chute, melts enough to then refreeze and prevent the auger from delivering ice through the chute - both cubed and crushed. I've rebuilt the ice bin drive train half a dozen times and spent over $100 on parts to attempt to keep the ice bin working. When I checked on authorized Samsung parts avaiable from Samsung, I was told it could be as long as 9 months or more to receive them from the foreign manufacturer, and that was after a sympathetic service tech said he has had nothing bad experiences with Samsung Refrigerators. I stopped using the ice bin dispenser and simply take out the ice by hand now.

To minimize the issue with the water freezing under and in the vegetable drawers I pull them out weekly and suction out the water. I've tried using the low heat hairdryer method some have suggested here and on other websites. It only delays the inevitable problem and actually seems to be causing the more heat sensitive components to melt.

As others have already said, I'll never purchase another Samsung appliance, and won't ever recommend one to anyone. It's clear that Samsung is more interested in turning a profit with the lowest possible regard for it's customers than offering a product that will be reliable and worth it's cost for the long haul. They don't stand behind them, won't correct what are cleary defects in design and execution of the product  and are evidently more interested in creating a sustainable market by selling products whose effective lifespans are clearly intentionally and deliberately limited by design. There are other manufacturers out there who have a higher regard for consumers. They deserve and will get my business. Judging by the performance of this Samsung refrigerator - that time doesn't appear be that far off.

If I worked for the Samsung division that produces and sells these regrigerators I'd be embarassed and ashamed. Samsung's corporate arrogance and lack of concern for their brand and consumer pereception on these matters is truly amazingly poor. If I were a business that distributes these - like Lowes, where mine was purchased - I would certainly reconsider continuing to do so and at the very least advise the sales people who promote them to be honest with customers when recommending them for sale. Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice, shame on me. I won't purchase another appliance from Samsung or Lowes without a diligent search of product reviews independent of any corporate sponsorship. Buyer beware! A class action lawsuit was mentioned in other posts, but I doubt that anyone but the lawyers on the winninmg side would leave the courtroom satisfied. Do your "consumer homework and due diligence" and make sure your choice isn't a source of financial and personal regret.

useres7O26eqYi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have also had this problem since the week I bought it. Sadly I wasn't able to get anything much but the run around as well. Now it's out of warantee and since I am disabled I don't have the money for a new one. It's less than 5 years old now and has been repaired by the techs several times. We've had to have the display panel replaced for shorting out and the ice maker is constantly causing an error due to the mechanism removed. There is no water to our fridge so we remove the mechanism. The power goes out and causes an error code that reverts the machine to factory default or display mode. We have to replace the unit every time the pwoer goes out to resolve the error and use the fridge.  

Long term, it costs a lot of money so this is a huge loss. I won't be buying a Samsung refridgerator again. I will not be recommending this brand to friends either. I have no bottom drawers now. They broke when the kids were attempting to get the crisper drawers open *they are both under 10, so it was absolutely a manufacturing flaw/defect. I have to place towels inside the drawers to absorb the flood as much as possible and totally defrost to get them out. I can't even close the freezer after a week or so because not only to the bottom of the drawer inthe freezer flood and freeze but the front of the door gets a leaking streak down the front of the drawers and the door! It won't close!!! It's so frustrated to pay so much for a fridge to have these sort of problems only to have such poor customer service.

FridgeRecall
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So sorry you are going thru this. yup! their customer service is literally ranked dead last on Consumer Affairs.  But, it's not that countless consumers decided to beat up the big guy. Because there are much bigger brands than theirs listed higher. No, they put themselves there by choice. They knowingly put out bad merchandise (that has even been court ruled and mandatorily recalled in other countries, so they know it doesn't work.)

I said that to say this. If you go to consumer affairs and see refrigerator section, it may save you headaches in the future. Last thing I want to do is accidentally invest in the next one, only to find out it is only second to dead last.  

All of them are an expense, so we might as well buy one with 5 stars instead of even 3 stars, right? lol

userbNn4WWSVBr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have Samsung refrigerator model RF267AEWP and on occasion water pools under the vegetable drawers. Now our bottom freezer forms ice in it! I "defrost" it and chip away at it, but this problem continues and is getting worse! Is there any permanent fix to stop the ice from forming in the freezer? We do not have the icemaker connected. 

Help?  Thanks!

Highlighted
userRJ79919n02
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userRJ79919n02
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this is by far the best video on youtube of how to fix the fridge please give this a star to bring it to the top of the help page

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=_yfMXmNQgEg