cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usertGtfNHnXbE
Constellation

Re: RF267 refrigerator fills with water and freezes

Has anyone found a fix for this and the bottom freezer frosting up? I am tired of spending money on service calls, and defrosting my fridge and removing ice. What a giant expensive piece of trash.

user3L0fIzAe1X
Astronaut

Same problem. After following the tread looks like I need another fridge not made by Samsung.

userS8qH66dMJj
Astronaut

i also have had the same problem. the back panel fills with ice,then collects under the deli drawer. settings are correct. i have paid 300.00 for a "clip" samsung says fixes the issue. i called several times after 2 attempts at reairing the problem and samsung stated they would "put a special ticket in for repair", but i was still charged. samsung techs come and warranty their work for 30 days but issue re occurs right after it expires.

terrible

userl0BhkCePtB
Astronaut

Hi,

we have a GE Cafe that would do the same! Instead of water and ice collecting under the crisper drawer,  the water would pool and freeze under the freezer pullout drawer. This issue was driving us crazy and we were constantly keeping a towel by the floor by the left side of the fridge to soak up the leaking water......  My husband and I dexuded to take the fridge apart and eventually found a little black rubber piece on the back of the refrigerator where the water line enters (I think). We didn’t have to take anything apart to find it, just pull out the refrigerator and looked at the bottom of the panel. I took the little black rubber piece off and washed of the lint that had collected in there and put it back. We have not had a single drop of water leak or ice freeze inside the unit ever since! We didn’t feel like paying a fortune for someone to come out and try to fix it, tried ourselves and it worked out. Hopefully this will help you with Samsung refrigerators as well! 

userJm04Mvx4iZ
Astronaut

This is my second Samsung refrigerator with water under the crisper.  The first Samsung was repaired 6 times in one year and deemed unrepairable. The second refrigerator is just as bad. I have paid for service, called Samsung, watched repair videos, etc.  I hate this refrigerator. It is spoiling food, and I am constantly bailing out water from beneath the pantry drawer. 

I do not understand why Samsung can't find a fix to this problem. How is a Class action brought against a manufacturer? 

user1Zt3z2bepw
Constellation

Sadly after about 5 years without issues, our rf261be is now starting to do the same thing. Our last fridge was a cheap top freezer unit that lasted over 10 years without an issue  Samsung should at least offer to pay for the repair themselves if this is such a clearly widespread problem 

user1Zt3z2bepw
Constellation

Sadly after about 5 years without issues, our rf261be is now starting to do the same thing. Our last fridge was a cheap top freezer unit that lasted over 10 years without an issue  Samsung should at least offer to pay for the repair themselves if this is such a clearly widespread problem 

user8YtvK3ebpy
Constellation

I had the same problem as you all. I defrosted, replaced the drain clip, etc.

I found my freezer draw had built up ice around the door gasket and it wasn't shutting good and my assumption was that air was getting into the freezer and messed everything up. I cleaned up the gasket making sure it seals the freezer door shut.

Been running good after 3 years doing all that

Good luck

userMHqMLwjnq1
Constellation

I just cleared out a thick layer of ice from under the crisper drawer of our RF267 model French door Samsung again tonight. And wiped up water from in front. Whenever the ice gets to the level of the bottom door, It starts leaking water onto our wood floor. You know that’s no good. We loved the look of our fridge and its functionality until we learned of its fatal flaw. Now we are nervous to leave town, worried that our fridge will ruin our floors and maybe flood our basement. We have bought multiple TVs and other Samsung electronics. The name has now been tarnished for us and we will avoid future Samsung purchases, unless by some miracle, this customer neglect is made right.

Highlighted
Nebula

@userMHqMLwjnq1

I do understand your concerns and frustrations and will be glad to look into your issue for you.  Please provide me with your complete model code and serial number to the link below.