cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user8YtvK3ebpy
Constellation

Re: RF267 refrigerator fills with water and freezes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem as you all. I defrosted, replaced the drain clip, etc.

I found my freezer draw had built up ice around the door gasket and it wasn't shutting good and my assumption was that air was getting into the freezer and messed everything up. I cleaned up the gasket making sure it seals the freezer door shut.

Been running good after 3 years doing all that

Good luck

userMHqMLwjnq1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just cleared out a thick layer of ice from under the crisper drawer of our RF267 model French door Samsung again tonight. And wiped up water from in front. Whenever the ice gets to the level of the bottom door, It starts leaking water onto our wood floor. You know that’s no good. We loved the look of our fridge and its functionality until we learned of its fatal flaw. Now we are nervous to leave town, worried that our fridge will ruin our floors and maybe flood our basement. We have bought multiple TVs and other Samsung electronics. The name has now been tarnished for us and we will avoid future Samsung purchases, unless by some miracle, this customer neglect is made right.

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userMHqMLwjnq1

I do understand your concerns and frustrations and will be glad to look into your issue for you.  Please provide me with your complete model code and serial number to the link below.

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userMHqMLwjnq1

Please try these steps

2golftoday
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m having the same problem with water and ice building up under the deli drawer. Every 3-4 months I have to remove the drawer and chip out the sheets of ice. Very dissatisfied.  

userZw1tSSsBEN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same problem have you found a solution , 

Denismc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My wife and daughter got sick on food that was in this refrigerator.  The fan froze solid and the food spoiled. The problem was that the ice tray kept a portion of the unit somewhat cooler than room temperature. Food on the other side was spoiled and unbeknowst to us had not been kept cool.  The milk was sour which they could smell and threw out, but salsa had no smell and after eating it and feeling unwell, noticed it had mould growing in  it.  Someone could easily contract listeria or othe food born illnesses  and die using this product.

Samsungcats solution is a mockery and a slap in the face to all the people Samsung has defrauded with this faulty and frankly unsanitary product.  Her final advice, if we dont find the problem? Service is required.  If she had even read any of these posts or gave a hoot she would know that we have already tried that at extra expense..

I am going to write to Samsung CEO,  my senator Channel 2 consumer report and to state and federal office of consumer affairs.  I would urge everyone with this problem to do the same. 

Most of their customers have bought or were contemplating buying other samsung products as part of kitchen suite etc.  Their refusal to recall these faulty refrigerators will in the end cost more than if they merely did what any smart and ethical corporation would do.  They have lost and will continue to lose customers in all their product lines.

Meantime we are stuck with having to purchase other refrigerators

Please keep each other informed of an potential class action lawsuits

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear of this Denismc, I see where you have also sent us a private message. I am reaching out to you privately as we speak. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userw2XrNmLI5s
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah  we have several other appliances coming up to the end of their lives, after 10 l+ years of reliable service and I doubt I'd buy another Samsung product. Having problems with appliances isn't bad for a company, it happens, but not stepping up and standing by the product or helping customers if the real sign of whether you should give a company your business..

I should have taken it seriously when the electric company folks came to pick up our old bad unit, and in response to my comment about hoping to get something close to the service life of our old one, they said we'd likely be fine as long as I didn't get a samsung. They weren't aware of the shiny new samsung that had been delivered and installed in our house the week before.

userqyqB2v1ytv
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same as everyone else.  And the ice maker never worked despite being replace 2 times.  I will never buy a Samsung again!