cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abern01
Constellation

RF267 refrigerator fills with water and freezes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought a new RF267 French door fridge in 2009.   After 3 repair attempts it was deemed unrepairable and was replaced in Nov 2010.  13 months later, the bottom of the fridge filled with water again, which froze the drawers in place.  The drawers filled were also filled with water.  Repair techs came out and were told by Samsung to defrost the fridge and replace the drain line kit (a small $2 piece that is supposed to heat water going down the drain line).  This identical problem has happened on average every 6 months.  I pay $135 - $150 each time to have my fridge defrosted per Samsung's recommendation.  most recently, an authorized repair company came last Feb 2015, Aug 2015 and May 2016.  All for the same problem.  June 2, 2016 the repair tech is told by Samsung repair support to perform the IDENTICAL repair.  He told support that this isn't a repair merely a temporary band aid and he's already performed the suggested repair to no avail.  So much ice built up inside this time, that I believe a cooling line ruptured or a solder joint popped causing all the coolant to escape.

On June 3, 2016 I'm given ticket #5114383234 and told if the repair tech faxes a note saying it can't be repaired, ECR will issue a pro-rated refund within 24 - 48 hours.  Today, June 7 , I received a call saying I won't receive anything and Samsung's engineers determined I should pay again to defrost the fridge and replace the drain line kit.

SERIOUSLY???  The recommended repair that hasn't worked 7 times is being recommended again???  I'm not the only one with this problem and why Samsung is choosing to ignore this is incomprehensible.  Samsung wants to treat customers like we're morons...here are just a few links (there are hundreds) to sites showing a plethora of people with the identical problem!

<Links Hidden to keep within terms of service> 

Now I have to buy a new fridge because mine is ruined due to following Samsung's bad repair advice.  A few Class Action law suits have been brought against Samsung for knowingly selling defective refrigerators since 2005  An appology and extended warranty was offered to UK customers, but American customers are <edited out per terms of service> by greedy Samsung USA in NJ.

BUYER BEWARE!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF267 refrigerator fills with water and freezes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you shoot us a private message with your model and serial number?  I would like to look into this.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

143 REPLIES 143
Asha00ze
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have RF197ACWP and it too has froze solid! Paid service twice. Samsung says my is out if warranty. Hugely bad engineering. I purchased this Aug 2014. Samsung French door style keeps having this issue. Told me Im the 1st to have this problem on this model. HA! What a joke! Im out a refrigerator and a lot of money. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Asha00ze, Could you send a private message with the model and serial number so that we can look into this?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userF201VTCWGp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You know what, I have a french door refrigerator that does the same thing.  Samsung appliances are JUNK!   Customer service is even worse.   I will never in my life by another Samsung appliance.  NEVER.   Spent 1500 bucks on a boat anchor.  Thanks Samsung.   Stick with phones and TVs....get out of appliances.   I did this very same thing with mine, the copper doesn't work either.  Save your time and effort...save for a new appliance.

userYOawtXN7u5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too am very disappointed with my Samsung side-by-side refrigerator model #RFG237.   This unit was only 3 years old when we started noticing the problem.  It has the exact same issue as indicated in this blog.  The refrigerator constantly fills up with water below the lower crisper drawer and we have to sponge it up every week or two to keep it from freezing up the drawer.    After an attempted and failed drain line repair we have had to do this rediculous chore now for three years and am sick and tired of Samsung being able to dodge this issue.  I am going to start a campaign beginning with my state attorney general to see if we can exert some pressure on Samsung to do what is right for their customers.   Hopefully others will support me in this campaign - a call to arms!

userE9ysD1xB66
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Count me in on the lawsuit

We have the exact problem in a home we own and rent to a family. Lowes "where I bought the fridge" gave me the phone number of an appliance repair service that took a week to come out. The repair man took a quick look inside, rubbed his fingers under the leaky area at the back wall and diagnosed the problem. He said he would order the part and come back as soon as it came in. More than 2 weeks went by without a call. I called the appliance repair company and they told me that the part to repair the leak was out of stock. I asked for the part # searched the web and found it in less than 2 minutes, it is an authentic part not after market. Called the repair company and told them I was having the part shipped to them and they should come and install as soon as they get it. The part is on it's way, so I will let you know how this goes.

When I asked the woman manning the phones at the repair company why the part was not in stock she said it was very popular. Ha Ha Ha Like a cabbage patch doll or fidget spinner. This is a repair kit for a defective appliance, if it is so popular we know it is a huge problem!

user6R0Sx9Lqvg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Any luck getting legal action against SAMSUNG regarding this issue?
user7hk4uAIHGe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have the same problem with my rfg298  samsung refrigerator leaking and freezing up the crisper drawer and am sick of this. Why has there not been a lawsuit filed? Bryan

DC56
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

model number RF18HFENBSR so annoyed......

I too am having the same issue, this is making me so nervous everyday I need to clean it out. Now it's leaking under the drawer and into the drawer. Samsung told me to have it leveled I did and it's a problem. I just don't know what to do!!!!! any suggestions? 

user5Jp8f41vJ6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an RF263 that was in the home I just purchased and it has the same problem.  And it's accompnained by a loud operating noise emmnating from the access panel at the rear of the fridge.  Anyone still reporting on this?