cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useriP1KCuvaLM, mind shooting us a message with your serial number so we can look into servicing options?

userP5dwpmRXs5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung RF28HFEDBSR  Refrigerator that i bought in 2015 and the ice maker is doing the exact same thing that’s mentioned in the 57 pages. Doesn’t look like a solid solution has been presented.

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userP5dwpmRXs5

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your ice maker.  Can you please provide me with your complete model code and serial number to the link provided below.

userDGmnzzx0sz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We purchased our refrigerator, model RF3OHBEDBSR in July 2015 for $3,500, almost as soon as the warranty ran out the ice maker quit working. I replaced the ice maker at my expense. This is a horrible refrigerator, I will NEVER buy another Samsung kitchen product unless this problem is resolved. We own all Samsung tvs and they are great, the refrigerator, not so much.

We have had service people out at least 6 times and every month, sometimes 2 times per month, we are having to take the ice tray out and use a bottle filled with hot water and defrost where all of the ice/frost has built up. This is very time consuming and frustrating to do with an appliance we paid almost $4,000 for with tax.

Every time we call we are told to have another service tech come out.

The last person we spoke to suggested we are not defrosting it enough and try using a hair dryer and to remember to push the blue reset button for around 5 to 10 seconds or when you hear the beep to reset the ice making process. We have done all of this and should not have to keep defrosting a frostless fridge.

Now I am reading in your forums that apparently the water tube providing water to the ice make freezes causing the ice maker to freeze up due to a design flaw. The solution they have been given is every couple of months they need to empty the refrigerator and freezer out, turn power off to the refrigerator for 24 hours and let the line thaw out.

If this is the long term solution Samsung should educate the people selling the product to let customers know what they will need to do after purchasing this type of refrigerator.

Does Samsung have a recall notice on this Refrigerator model because of the failing icemaker?  It would seem to me that too many people are having the same problem, and Samsung is refusing to address the issue.  Does Samsung have any other suggestions as how to solve this problem short of replacing the icemaker at personal experience?  

JUMP TO SOLUTION

MODEL  RF28HFEDTSR.....

Same problem as the rest of 57 pages of posts.  I guess I got one of the good ones as I've only had to go full defrost after about 3.5 years.  Still, sloppy wet ice, painfully slow dispensing & drippy ice cute for some time now has been a real pleasure.  I even went to just using the ice from the bottom but alas that stopped working too a few weeks ago.  I'm just glad my local market carries dry ice so I can keep the hundreds of dollars of food I have from going bad.  Still Ice and dry ice set me back 22 dollars today and I had to find and wash every cooler I have and still fire up a small "drinks" fridge on top of all that.  Thank you Samsung.  Your attention to this matter has not gone unnoticed by thousands of people I'm sure.  We will all be sure to spread the good word about this product.  Don't bother to trouble yourselves any more.

usermx4qBil1dG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are having the same issue and have gone to great expense to purchase a backup refrigerator and freezer so we don’t lose our food every time a defrost is needed! Samsung, I would say this issue is far from resolved and you have known about it for at least three years based on the backlog of comments. I only wish we knew before we bought this model!

user7ScYDijbSZ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue, thawing my refrigerator out now. Looking at the bright side though, we are lucky & have another fridge & it’s getting a good cleaning now too.

userZa3vv8MrnC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my fridge less than a year and the ice master assembly is frozen shut.  Can't pull it open and was told to move all of my food to defrost the fridge.  I must be the only person that doesn't think I should have bought two fridges.  I hope they recall this fridge.  I bought 6 appliances by Samsung and hope this is not a sign of the quality of the rest.  

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZa3vv8MrnC

I understand your concern.  Please provide me with your complete model code and serial number to the link provided below and I will be glad to look into your issue for you.

user8QqQpLtCHm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too am having ice maker issues. I already had it repaired once on 09/10/15 through an extended 3 year service agreement I bought through Sears (where i purchased the fridge). That agreement is now expired. From the receipt it appears they only did the silicon seal fix. Now I'm starting to get wet/slushy ice and have a noisey fan. The ice maker alsp leaks water from the dispenser. The refridgerator is only just shy of 4 years old and this clearly is a common/known issue. Samsung let me know what I can do to get this resolved without spending hundreds of dollars.

Thanks