cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user7ScYDijbSZ
Astronaut

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue, thawing my refrigerator out now. Looking at the bright side though, we are lucky & have another fridge & it’s getting a good cleaning now too.

userZa3vv8MrnC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my fridge less than a year and the ice master assembly is frozen shut.  Can't pull it open and was told to move all of my food to defrost the fridge.  I must be the only person that doesn't think I should have bought two fridges.  I hope they recall this fridge.  I bought 6 appliances by Samsung and hope this is not a sign of the quality of the rest.  

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZa3vv8MrnC

I understand your concern.  Please provide me with your complete model code and serial number to the link provided below and I will be glad to look into your issue for you.

user8QqQpLtCHm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too am having ice maker issues. I already had it repaired once on 09/10/15 through an extended 3 year service agreement I bought through Sears (where i purchased the fridge). That agreement is now expired. From the receipt it appears they only did the silicon seal fix. Now I'm starting to get wet/slushy ice and have a noisey fan. The ice maker alsp leaks water from the dispenser. The refridgerator is only just shy of 4 years old and this clearly is a common/known issue. Samsung let me know what I can do to get this resolved without spending hundreds of dollars.

Thanks

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user8QqQpLtCHm   We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useriF6A3YQsou
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same ice maker issues with the RF28HFED I bought in 2017.  I have spent lots of time reading this thread and this is unacceptable.  I did not spend thousands of dollars on a darn refrigerator to have to defrost it every 6 months or with a hair dryer (which my husband is doing right now).  Did I miss a fix for this?

userimMcTEXeK6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just paid $3000 for my Samsung refrigerator and having same problem. They should bring class action against Samsung for sell this poorly made product on the American market. Black eye for Samsung, no more Samsung products for me. Don't buy Korean, buy Japanese from now on, herb@jazzproperties.com.

userpsEsrvu7Vr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not a very good solution from a major manufacture.  I have had the same problem with my samsung refrigerator RF263BEAEWW.  It's a flaw with the ice maker and both Samsung and our dealer will not help with a replacement or repairs.  I've been defrosting it about every 3 weeks.  The motor always makes a loud noise when the unit freezes up.  My refrigerator is 5 years old but have been having the problem for over two years.  I have paid for two service calls.  The first one they did some repairs and re-caulk.  It only lasted 3 months before it froze up again.  The second service call the technician just bad mouth Samsung and quoted me $1,300 for new parts and labor to repair.  He said I we could call Samsung to see if they would help with the expenses but don't count on it.  I called Samsung customer service and they gave me the warranty department phone number to call.  I have called the number for over a week many times a day.  It is always busy.  I have purchase Samsung phones, TV's and other electronics and thought they made good products but this refrigerator has and there response to help has soured me away from purchasing there products.

userO5wFU7uvy5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue. Emptying the entire fridge and freezer every 6 months is not an acceptable solution. Samsung must issue a recall to fix this.

userwLxdddzWTU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We had similar issues withing a few months of getting our fridge.  We also had excessive ice buildup in the coils.  After a few failed attempts, we just turned the ice maker off and gave up on using it.  I read somewhere about tilting the fridge back slightly to let the water drip off the coils and into the drip tray that is under the middle drawer.  In the end we did the following:

1. Defrost the fridge - either by turning it off or putting it in defrost or demo mode.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSEG6xdyK4I
  2. I tilted the fridge back just slightly so the moisture drips off the coils into the drip tray.
  3. I replaced the ice maker unit with one for the newer model of the fridge (model Samsung DA97-15217A about $120 on amazon) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttpy5nzZ7SU and here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSEG6xdyK4I
  4. I caulked the gap between the ice maker and fridge along the inside bottom left of the ice maker. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aebi4thVNu4
  5. Added bubble wrap to the inside of the white cushion surrounding the icechute in the door to increase the height of the icechute so that it makes better contact with the ice maker when the door is closed.  (to check this, you can use a magnet to trigger the door close sensor in the right hand door along the top center of the right hand door - the left hand door is closed when you open the right door to check the seal) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXL2sDGFkR0
  6. I reduced the temperature of the refrigerator to 37 instead of the recommended 38

I did step 6 after still noticing a bit of moisture dripping after dispensig ice, less water than before all the fixes so I thought the slight adjustment might make the difference and it did.  It's been making ice, not dripping and the coils have remained ice free for about 3 weeks now.  I'll update if anything changes.

A simple fix for leaking ice maker in Samsung refrigerator.
WATCH THIS!!! The real cause of ice maker problems is the Auger Case Assembly per Samsung ASC20151125001 Service Bulletin. The case has been upgraded 4 times now. There is not enough air circulation in the ice room. In this video we take you through a step by step diagnosis and repair of a Samsung
10 minute DIY Replacement of the ice maker. Easy, anyone can do it. Lowest priced OEM replacement icemaker: https://amzn.to/2usNWMU Triple check by entering your model number in "Make sure it fits" at the top of the amazon page. This part looks different and likely has design improvements. I ...
Samsung Ice Maker Frosting Up Freezing Icing up possible fix.