Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user4SjxcpfDLF
Constellation

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung RF28HFEDBSR

Same issues

I've had the silicone bead done, I've had that auger part replaced and have spent several hundred dollars on three visits. 

I would be willing to participate in a class action suit also.

I will certainly not buy a Samsung refrigerator or  a front load washing machine ever again. I have a lot of respect for Samsung, but these two products really are bad and their customer service has been shameful. 

Cole

thompsoncd (at) fastmail.fm

userdIVU1b9n8M
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I can't believe there are more people having the ice maker issue I'm having. The only thing is, my ice bucket doesn't get full. I have a small gush of water come out when I try to get ice and now my "cubed" ice comes out crushed.
I called Samsung and the girl gave me troubleshooting things to do but couldn't explain why I was doing them.
I'm so disappointed in this refrigerator & Samsung after reading everyone else complaint. And my fridge is not even a year old yet.
I'm confused on what to do.
userMVh1ImUEXP
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you're still in your one year warranty, hammer Samsung to come out and fix that issue  at their expense.and if they don't fix it on the first visit, keep hammering them until they do fix it.   When your warranty expires, they will do nothing to help you except send a service contractor out charge and you about $400 to repair the same item if not more.  After that warranty expires, you will get no help from Samsung.

userEnIAdIh6Pg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If it’s still under warranty from where you bought it demand a refund. If that doesn’t work if you contact your attorney general. Ours was repaired six times and still under warranty and we contacted the Missouri Attorney General’s office to force Lowe’s to replace the refrigerator. We got a refund!

userEnIAdIh6Pg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Never will buy anything made by Samsung!
usernEhBzNKiPA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same Ice Master problem with our Samsung RF23HSESBSR/AA with French doors, and Soda Stream water dispenser.  We've had it for about three years, but honestly the Ice Master stopped working within 6 months.  We are overwhelmed with home renovations, and I've looked online to try to repair it myself.  It is highly inconvenient to purchase a fairly high-end product and have a basic function such as producing ice fail.  We've attempted the reset buton, and then it started to work for one day, but then everythign came out slushy, and water would drip from the ice dispenser area.  

Is there any fix to this issue?  It appears to be a major manufacturing defect caused by the lack of a defrosting mechanisim. I certainly don't want to defrost the refrigerator every six months.  While I like the referigerator overall, I am contemplating demanding a refund.

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usernEhBzNKiPA

I understand your situation.  Please send me your complete model code and serial number to the link below, and I will be glad to look into your issue.

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usernEhBzNKiPA

I understand your situation.  Please send me your complete model code and serial number to the link below, and I will be glad to look into your issue.

usercDR0UcufiQ
Constellation

Re: RF28HMEDBWW Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same recurring leakage and freezing of the ice maker. I must use a heat gun about every 3 weeks. How can I get the parts to rectify the ice maker problem? I would not expect to pay for the parts. I can replace the parts myself but sending out a service tech would be even better. 

This should be corrected by Samsung free of charge. 

Thanks

Nebula

Re: RF28HMEDBWW Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usercDR0UcufiQ

Sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your fridge.  Please provide me with your complete serial number and model to the link below and I will be glad to look into your issue.  

Warning: Do NOT use a hair dryer to attempt to loosen the ice bucket. This will damage the refrigerator.