Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userS2WVi4XV3A
Asteroid

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue UPDATE AFTER SERVICE VISIT

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userS2WVi4XV3A wrote:

The repairman just left. He installed yet another icemaker. DA97-15217D DATE CODE 2018-05-02. Same exact number that was on the one that was replaces. Hard to believe it is different. I hope the margin on the frig was enough to cover all of parts and calls. Tech estimated $350.

He said this one has a lip on a back portion where it is ramped. I didn't see the new one so I cannot verify. He did disassemble everything and said that the previous seal job should have been applied to the side and back on the inside not the outside and that they had not used the correct sealant. He claimed, as I have read before, that when this area leaks, air gets in and can cause issues. He also mentioned that he thought that Samsung had made improvments to the icemaker where Frigidare just kept providing the same old maker. Whatever. I told his this was the second icemaker installed and he claimed he doesn't have many repeat calls. He is sending a new ice bucket assembly. Again, thank goodness for the extended warranty.

Thje ice bucket alone is $160. The tech was referencing the service bulletin while here. I need to watch for cracks and icing going forward.

userNGl2kwXpjd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The manual options menu you're referencing can be reached by simultaneously pressing Alarm and Fridge buttons for 12-15 seconds. It might take a few times to get in (at least it does for me). Once in, the screen will show '0' for both fridge and freezer.

Manual setting code is on the left side. reference code is on the right side.

Controls to navigate are:

Freezer = setting code up

Alarm = setting code down

Fridge = reference code up

Light = reference code down

Reference codes are:

• Freezer temp changes: 0
  • Fresh food temp changes: 1
  • Dispenser heater rate: 19
  • Flex zone drawer temp change: 20
  • Amount of water supply: 32
  • Ice maker standby time: 33
  • Ice maker box temp change: 34

My understanding aftre talking with a tech is that the reference code '19' (press light twice) operates the defrost heaters for fridge, ice box, and freezer. It doesn't act on just one.

There are only two options:

• '0' - heater rate under 20%
  • '1' - heater rate equal to or greater than 20%

It isn't clear that there is a way to manually adjust the heater rate to a specific number.

There is also a manual override 'testing' function that is available from a test menu. To reach the test menu, press Freezer and Light simultaneously for 12-15 seconds. The screen usually goes blank for me. Press any key until you see 'rd' or 'Fd'

rd = manual defrost of the fresh food compartment

Fd = manual defrost of the fresh food and freezer compartments.

The fridge will beep incessantly during the testing mode, but works. The tech who came out to service my fridge used it before he used the steamer. He said it was faster and safer for the fridge. You might need to run it several times in a row to get it to dislodge all of the ice buildup.

Highlighted
userwHXLHUyoXV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had nothing but trouble with my ice maker on my Samsung refrigerator. I have the extended warranty and they have worked on it 4-5 times.....never fixing it. It always freezes up eventually. My old refrigerator that was replaced was a 25 year old Samsung as well. We had zero issues with it except for a water valve after 20 years. It is still making ice today in my garage. Still zero issues.....but my new one doesn’t work!!?? Why doesn’t Samsung do something about this issue? This is ridiculous. If there are this many complaints just on this forum, imagine how many people are getting scammed that never get on forums! Please do something Samsung! I doubt they will because it would cost them too much money. The CEOs wouldn’t get their big bonuses and couldn’t afford their second yacht  down in the Caribbean. 🙄😡

userAfJOadRHUI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung ice maker is also a piece of junk and has been worked on twice while under it's one year warranty. It has not dispensed ice cubes now for the last year because I have not wanted to deal with it. I decided a couple days ago to attempt and diagnose the problem myself and have found the newest design flaw. When the ice dispenser solenoid fails, it also includes the fracture and breakage of the nylon attachment arm the operates the ice bucket lever. When this happens it creates a condition where only crushed ice comes out but no cubed ice. Well the great design team at Samsung do not offer the nylon piece to repair the proper operation of providing two types of delivered ice, but instead require the replacement of the entire $190.00 Auger Box assembly which still incorporates the same poorly designed nylon actuator that will likely also break in a year or so. I would be happy to sign up for a class action lawsuit and request a full refund for this pain in the butt refrigerator and not deal with constant expensive failures due to poorly designed assemblies that are built into this RF28HDRDBSR model.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you happen to have a transaction number that we could look into?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userGboB9Bk4AF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seriously?  This is the extent of the Samsung Moderator involvement? For us to BE SURE we accept a solution? 

Hey Samsung... what about those of us (almost all of us) who don't have a solution?

userCnCkU6nVY0
Astronaut

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The exact same thing has occurred with our unit.  It, too, looks just like the photos.  I've done the hair-dryer defrosting trick which took over 15 minutes to defrost.  This ice make is supposed to make 3-tes the quantity of ice than their other units.  We are lucky to get 3 ice cubes each day.  Unfortunately, Samsung has no concern to correct their design flaw and recall nthese ice makers, because they are a foreign company and don't give a crap.  We, too, will never buy a Samsung product and we are.ways passing on the word to friends, strangers looking at refrigerators, and to all the appliance sales associates we see where Samsung is sold.  Funny thing is, the sales reps all have heard the horror story of Samsung's ice makers, but, they just don't tell their customers.  I thinks I am going toake up a bunch of Post-It stickers, so that every time I see a Samsung refrigerator on a sales floor, I'll stick a Post-It inside to warn potential buyers.  Samsung has no integrity will also be noted.

Ultrab20
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just received my rf23m8070sr/aa 4 door flex zone refrigerator 4 days ago and woke up to a puddle on the floor this morning.  It looks to be leaking from the ice maker into the tray, and then into the door dispenser. Starting research now. Just wanted to share model number and similar symptoms 

user9ItEWDcoFt
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same problem and I too will NEVER buy another samsung appliance.  Worst customer service I've ever experienced as mine quite working about 3 weeks - month after the warranty expired.  I was originally told that it was because my fridge wasn't level and/or inclined at the right angle.  Total BS.

I will be blowing up social media and telling everyperson I know how horrible my experience has been.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and serial number of the unit.