cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has your water filter been changed recently by any chance?  Here is a link to help with the cubed/crushed ice troubles.  http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001890/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
userXhOxgC4wBn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issues with ice maker for the last 3 years.  Is there a fix ?

user5e7XnFyDFp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our refrigerator is also having this same issue. We were able to defrost it but the problem keeps coming back and is only getting worse. The refrigerator is out of warranty but I have heard about recalls and also class action lawsuits. Can anyone provide a summary of what options are available for owners of the refrigeratiors?

Thanks,

Kent

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user5e7XnFyDFp Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

userCa8ICr15Ig
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This from class action.org on the class action suit against Samsung re: the defective ice makers:

CASE UPDATE

April 2, 2019 

The lawsuit involving Samsung ice makers has been ordered to private mediation. You can read the order here. Both sides have 14 days to mutually agree upon a mediator.

What’s Mediation?

Mediation is when opposing parties come together to negotiate a matter with the help of a third party – the mediator – and is a form of “alternative dispute resolution.” Mediation is often done prior to a case going to trial and can help conserve time and money for all parties involved.

What’s This All Mean for Me?

Honestly, we’re not sure yet; we cannot predict the outcome of the mediation. It’s important to note that the order was handed down by the court and was not a mutual decision made by the defendants and plaintiffs. The order does state, however, that “individuals with settlement authority” will attend the mediation “as requested.” If the matter cannot be resolved through mediation, the defendant’s motion to dismiss will be back on the table.

It’s not much of an update – but it’s all we have right now. We’ll continue to keep you informed, as we know many of you have struggled with your Samsung ice makers.  

user3aar8qqo91
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a similar problem.  My icemaker just stopped making ice after 5 years.  I've never had to defrost it before.  I tried the test button and got the first chime, but not the second.  Is this the same problem (frozen supply line)?

userhDpdNBcCNh
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing here. The refrigerator (model: RF23HCEDBWW) is only two years old and we started having trouble with the icemaker shortly after the warranty expired. The unit freezes, "ice full" sensor isn't working. It accumulates water, ice is slashy, unit is frosty inside. If before we had 2-3 months before it needed to be thawed and reset, now it's less than a week... What is Samsung going to do about it, since it appears to ne a universal, well known problem, due to faulty design