cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userKrMIKhooyM
Cosmic Ray

RF28HMEDBSR/AA ice maker frozen and jammed with ice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I started having problems with my ice maker over the summer.  Similar to others on this forum, so I thought i would reply to an existing post, but I have not received a response so I thought you would create a new one. 

Here is the situation - since this summer the ice maker intermittently stops working.   I thought it was a because of the weather and over use of the ice maker, but it has continued into fall and only gotten worse. 

The entire top inside the ice maker freezes over and the ice gets caught between the wall of the freezer and the maker, jamming and  preventing ice from dropping into the dispesner rendering the icemaker useless. 

Every few weeks to a month, I have to shut off the ice maker, get a hair dryer, remove the tray, chop the ice stuck in the maker and melt the ice.  Then a month later it freezes up again.    I've tried resetting and it works for a while before freezing up again.  

It's ridiculous and looks like a manufacture defect.   Samsung, please provide help/guidence.  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF28HMEDBSR/AA ice maker frozen and jammed with ice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out, can I have your full serial number in private message

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out, can I have your full serial number in private message

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

userKrMIKhooyM
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Message sent!

userKrMIKhooyM
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Waiting for response. 

userqOQyuIWFNo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried the level/seal trick as well as RTV where the ice maker meets the fridge.  Frustrated to say the least.

@SamsungCaleb wrote:

useryIdULrau8C
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine does the same thing!  Except it has now gotten to the point that this happens every 5-6 days.  Then, once I chip the ice out, it takes 2 or more days for it to start making ice again.  I'm so frustrated.  I love the look of my Samsung kitchen, but I have issues with every single appliance.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try this link out and keep us updated! 

userj4WV8KnJUg
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When going to defrost mode, will it just defrost the ice maker or will it defrost the fridge too?  I'm afraid to take these steps until I know what it will actually defrost.   Also, when it's finished in defrost will it go back to running normally or do I have to unplug the fridge and plug it back in?  I'm not happy about this.  This is the 2nd Samsung item we bought that is a problem. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We defiantly understand how this can be frustrating so that we can look into this further can we have your full model and serial number in a private message

Kelledidit
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You might be missing 2 screws, there should be 4 screws ? Which would make it UNLEVEL, Therefore resulting in your situation