cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

RF28HMEDBSR list of failures

Well another year with my Samsung French Door Refridgerator, another list of failures. Bought in late 2017 this fridge is already on its last leg. List of issues: The icemaker, obviously, is freezing up and I have to defrost it with a hair dryer about every two weeks. This started literally days after the warranty ran out back in 2018. Lately I have been getting some new excitement out of the product. First the freezer light went out. Odd that happended so quickly. The 15 year old fridgedaire out in the garage still shines brightly. Also we have the fourth drawer model. That drawer no longer will change settings and is stuck on the coldest setting so everything turns into a slushy inside of it. That is a brand new problem that I have yet to diagnose. I have unplunged it and plugged it back in as the first step. No luck. Next solution. Buy a whirlpool and sell this one to someone as a garage fridge. Family and friends have all had trouble with Samsung lately. You've seen the news articles on the washing machines that come apart, the class action lawsuit on this model fridge, and just a few days my parents 1 year old 55 inch Samsung TV had the backlight go out in it. The signs are clear that this brand is not what it was 10 years ago.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: RF28HMEDBSR list of failures

I also forgot to add that sometimes the middle drawer refuses to close because with a cable issue in the mechanism...

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF28HMEDBSR list of failures

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message or call

1-800-SAMSUNG directly to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.