cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saints_Fan
Constellation

RF28N9780SG Ice maker keeps freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is my second Samsung family hub refridgerator that the ice maker keeps freezing up.  The first fridge I bought from Best Buy and I bought there additional warranty, good thing I did.  Best buy came out and replaced the seals on the ice maker to keep warmer air out of the ice maker.  That didn't work so next they replaced the whole ice maker told me there was a known thermostat issue that the new ice maker solved, it did not.  This was all in the first year of having the fridge, now one month after the factory warranty expired the entire fridge crapped out, no cooling what so ever.  This is where I was lucky to have the extended warranty. Best Buy sent there technicians out and after they decided it wasn't feasible to repair they replaced it with a year newer model.  The new fridge has the same problem with the ice maker as the old.  I've put off calling for a repair because it was fruitless with the last fridge and the concern of the fridge completing breaking on me after repairs again not sure I could deal with that again since the last time I had to live out of a ice chest for a month before I received the replacment fridge.  I am at the point now where I think it is BS with what I paid for a fridge that I should just accept this.  I just want a normal fridge that is reliable and makes ice with no issues.  I know I am not alone in this issue as I've seen numerous post about this same issue.  I even saw where people replied back and said Samsung came out and fixed the issue free of charge.  I also saw where there was a class action lawsuit about the very issue with the ice maker.  So Samsung has to have knowledge that there is a serious flaw in there product and hopefully they are acknowledging it.  Did I mention my ice bucket is cracked from being frozen over and trying to remove the bucket as to remove all the frozen over ice.  I'm not intrested in any lawsuit all I want is my $4000.00 Fridge to work an make ice without out issues. Not Happy

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF28N9780SG Ice maker keeps freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

userp998dkwXDE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My ice maker froze up solid. I have appliance warranty they my local gas company. They came out and replaced it and sealed the whole thing with sealant. Now it is completely froze again. I have Samsung, TV's, phones, and appliances. That is going to change in the future. I have never seen such as this refrigerator. And then for the company to not stand by it. Just a total embarrassment. 

RF263BEAESR/AA  I paid $1599 for this, sad.

Saints_Fan
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After I posted this Samsung reached out and got all my info.  They then lined up a technician for me who came out and fixed the issue with the ice maker freezing up free of charge. It's been a little over a month now and everything is still working perfectly the ice maker is no longer freezing up.  Very satisfied with Samsung's response and their following up to make sure I was satisfied