cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useryahyL1slcA
Asteroid

RF28R7201SR Freezer not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got the refrigerator/freezer on Friday. The panel says it's cooled to -2, yet it's not freezing anything. It feels cold, but that's it. Everything thawed out.

I bought this freezer because we had a crappy LG that was contantly breaking. I already lost a ton of food TWICE with that fridge, so it's incredibly frustrating I'm now having that problem with a brand new Samsung fridge/freezer. Anyone know if there's a trick to this or did I get a lemon?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF28R7201SR Freezer not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you use the power freeze option on the panel? Is the fridge compartment cooling properly?

useryahyL1slcA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We turned on the power freeze option this morning; however, the things we put in there were already frozen with the exception of one item. The panel was displaying that it was -2 this morning, but everything was thawed.

The refrigerator compartment is working perfectly. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I could set up service for the unit but have you notified the retail store of the issue?

useryahyL1slcA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven’t talked to them yet. That was my next move if there wasn’t a simple solution I’m missing. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the power freeze is not working properly, service is the next step with us. 

useryahyL1slcA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As long as it's free, I would like to schedule an appointment. It's definitely not working even with the power freeze.

Should I go through you or contact Home Depot where I purchased it? The refrigerator has only been with us since Saturday morning. I think I said Friday earlier which was wrong.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userNdL4bpaa8h
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the exact same problem. Model RF18HFENB. The freezer is cool, but not frozen. The dial reads -2 but the freezer is around 30 degrees. Please advise.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userNdL4bpaa8h Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link