cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

RF28R7351 Ice Maker frozen shut, will not slide out

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is the Force Defrost sequence in order to defrost and hopefully slide out the frozen shut ice maker? The only keys/settings for this model are on the interior right side panel. RF28R7351 model

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF28R7351 Ice Maker frozen shut, will not slide out

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand how this can be frustrating, typically repairs would be recommended for this, so that I may look into all options possible can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem.  Can't find any info on how to run the forced defrost.  Please help.

RF28R7351SG/AA

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For a forced defrost, you would need to unplug the fridge itself and let the ice melt for however long it takes for that to happen. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why is this the only fridge that Samsung wouldn't build a 'force defrost' mode into when all the rest of them have them?  Particularly when there is a class action lawsuit against Samsung for the horrendous design of the ice makers?  I had no idea what an issue this was until I started to search for why my ice maker was frozen over already on a relatively new refridgerator.  Every model until this one has a 'hidden' key sequence to force defrost--surely there's one on this model too?  Seems like a silly thing to not put on there given all the issues Samsung has had with this...

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with mine as well!  Ice bin is completely locked up and will not come out. I tried using a hair dryer on the outside of the ice bin to see if I could loosen the ice up enough just to get the bin out. I was able to get some ice to fall out of the bin, but still couldn't remove it. Right now, I have the ice maker turned off. Gonna let it sit like that for a day or so and see if that give me any progress.

Come on Samsung, Fix your cra@!!!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I understand how this can be frustrating, typically repairs would be recommended for this, so that I may look into all options possible can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same fridge...... same problem.  What am I supposed to do here?  This is ridiculous.  Fridge is like 5-6 months old only and I cannot remove the ice bucket?

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same problem! Beyond frustrated!!! How can I remove our icebox?? We literally bought this fridge because it had the built in ice maker!! And now we can't  use the ice or remove the box to fix it!!! 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here!  SOOOO FRUSTRATED!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why not just unplug it?....that's also a forced defrost