cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

RF28T not cooling

We had a RF28T5001SR delivered yesterday and it is not cooling appropriately. There is no information avialable for my model on how to turn on or off the demo mode, which I assume is the problem. Had to call a rep and get the steps to turn demo mode off. They so far haven't worked. The earliest they can have a service tech come out is Saturday, is there anything else I can try? Five days is a long time to go without a fridge or freezer (throwing a bunch of stuff out already). 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: RF28T not cooling

Robot Mad

Highlighted
Constellation

Hello! I have the same problem with an RF28T (RF28T5A01B1 to be exact). Tried to turn demo mode on and off as shown in the manual, to no avail. How did you solve it?

Highlighted
Constellation

Problem solved by Samsung technicians. It was a loose connection from the compressor to the main board that came like that from the factory. They unscrewed the lower back panel, unplugged and plugged back the compressor and it worked.

The most difficult bit was convincing the online service to actually order the technicians to come and that it wasn't something I was doing wrong. It helped that I looked at the error code that briefly flashed on the panel after plugging it in (C 83), telling the person on the chat this helped convince them to send in the technicians.