cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

RF4287HARS Icemaker is not dispensing

The unit is creating ice, however the motor is not working (no sound of the motor turning the agitator) to dispense the ice from the bucket out through the external dispenser.  I have followed all of SAMSUNG's support steps to attempt to correct the problem and nothing seems to work.  Can you tell me what I need to do next?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF4287HARS Icemaker is not dispensing

With the ice maker not wanting to dump the ice, you might want to reset the ice maker. See the image below. 

After resetting the ice maker, allow 24 hours after the reset for ice production to get back to normal.

• You should see some ice production much sooner, however, it may take the full 24 hours for it to return to normal production amounts (approximately 2 trays of ice every 3 hours).
  • Be sure to dispense ice occasionally during this period. 

If the reset set did not help, service is required. Use the following link to locate a service center in your area:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Unfortunately, the procedure you provided did not work for me or the refrigerator.  I guess my next step is to call for a Samsung service agent to visit my home.   Do you have a recommeded service/repair person who can service my refrigerator in my area?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You can use the service center locater that @SamsungTam provided to see who's in your area Smiley Happy  If you would like for us to see if there's anything that we can do for you, you can send a private message with the full model and serial number. http://bit.ly/2sSxapD

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.