cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

RF4287HARS refrigerator leveling concerns

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our RF4287HARS refrigerator is on a level floor but noticably tilts to the back. Its about 1/4" low in the back (agins, the floor is perfectly level). I see no adjustment for raising the rear wheels nor an adjustment for lowering the front wheels. The manual only shows an adjustment for raising the front. The only way I can make the refrigerator level is to put shims under the rear wheels.

Has any one else run into this? Have I missed something in the manual?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF4287HARS refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It sounds like the unit is properly leveled. When leveled correctly, the refrigerator will have a front-to-back slant, with the front of the refrigerator higher than the back. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is a link that will be of assistance. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062321/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you but this is the instruction I was referring to that wasn't helping me.... with the leveling legs all the way up and the refrigerator resting on the front wheels only,  the refrigerator is still tilted back and unlevel. No adjustment of the front leveling legs will change that.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It sounds like the unit is properly leveled. When leveled correctly, the refrigerator will have a front-to-back slant, with the front of the refrigerator higher than the back. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is a 1/2" high in front. The directions clearly states that you have to level front to back and side to side. To tell us it is supposed to tilted back is ludicrous. This is just stupid! 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: RF4287HARS refrigerator leveling concerns

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My fridge is also out of level 5/8"

How did you solve the problem? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

it is normal to have the front higher than the back so that the door will close by itself.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Generally there is a slight tilt when you look at it visually that helps with drainage. However, I would suggest using a level to verify that the fridge is level per the installation recommendations.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.