cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user3aar8qqo91
Asteroid

RFG238AARS Ice maker not working

The lower ice maker stopped working after we were away for several months.  The upper ice maker works and the water dispenser works (good pressure). If I press the reset button, the fill arm moves down and then back up, the tray rotates and there's a chime.  So, it looks like the ice maker itsself is working.  I've done this twice and waited at least 24 hours, but still no ice.  I'm thinking either the fill tube heater or the filler valve have malfunctioned.  I guess it might also be the temp sensor in the ice maker assembly.  Any other options anyone can think of, or how to diagnose the exact problem without taking things apart?

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RFG238AARS Ice maker not working

Is there any ice build up surrounding the unit? Have you tried defrosting it? When did you last change the water filter?

user3aar8qqo91
Asteroid

There is no apparent ice build-up.  I haven't tried defrosting (full of food), but I guess I could.  Filter was changed about 6 months ago, but we haven't used it for several of those months.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would recommend running at least a gallon of water through the system by just using the water spout.

user3aar8qqo91
Asteroid

Thanks.  Good idea.  I'll try that.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

No problem! Please keep us posted.