Original topic:

RFG298HDRS/XAA fridge flashing code 8 E, will not clear with power cycle

(Topic created: a month ago)
usercTGRrfLd3F
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Our Samsung fridge bought in 2010 has started to flash this error code on the control panel.  It does not respond to any buttons or combination of buttons (like the Power Cool-Power Freeze pair that is supposed to clear trouble codes).  I believe a power glitch happened with our mains power since our LG microwave reset its clock at the same time.  I cannot clear the code by unplugging the fridge however, even if I leave it off for 10+ minutes.  I started a repair ticket, but I'm wondering if anyone has seen this behavior before.

4 Replies
usercTGRrfLd3F
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Forgot to mention that cooling appears OK at the moment.  Ice maker is full so I'll have to make more margaritas before I know whether it is working.

0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
This is what Google says to try
The 8E error code on a Samsung RFG29 French door refrigerator indicates a sensor error in the ice maker. To reset the display, you can try these steps:

Press and hold the Energy Saver and Lighting buttons at the same time for eight seconds.The display will chime and show the code for 30 seconds.The display will then return to showing the refrigerator and freezer temperatures. 

If the code reappears, you can try the troubleshooting steps in a chart to fix the issue. You can also try resetting your refrigerator by unplugging it or turning off the power at the circuit breaker, waiting about five minutes, and then turning it back on. 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@usercTGRrfLd3F FYI, to follow up with the info provided by @GaryB82 ,there is a Samsung article that mentions the same -> https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003409/ 

usercTGRrfLd3F
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
My first search missed that... Energy Saver and Lighting cleared it up, at least for now. Thanks for the tip!