cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usercFGJRXH7OL
Constellation

RUST ISSUE SAMSUNG WASHER MODEL WA48H7400AW/A2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having issues with rust on the top loading door. Samsung tells me this is cosmetic. I say this is defective material. Anyone else having similar issues?  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RUST ISSUE SAMSUNG WASHER MODEL WA48H7400AW/A2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello usercFGJRXH7OL, please send us a private message with the full serial number: Link

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello usercFGJRXH7OL, please send us a private message with the full serial number: Link

Highlighted
usercFGJRXH7OL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am trying to post pictures but site doesn't let me

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This feature has been disabled on public posts, please send us a private message. 

userYwTqMW9OIs
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes.  I have model WF45H6300AW/A2.  Front loader.  The cheap material on the front is all corroding.  It looks like metal, but apparently it's painted plastic, and not painted very well.   I contacted them, sent photos,  and got a reply today telling me that there are no known or reported issues with this washer model. And that most likely the machine can be corroded due to following reasons:
1. Extended exposure to moisture and/or adverse conditions.
2. Environmental factors such as geographic location, room temperature, humidity, usage and maintenance.

Why do they sell these things in Florida, if they are going to corrode?  Besides, the serviceman who came out told me he sees this with some of the Samsung products.  And he could see that we take care of the machine.  There is no humidity problem with the matching dryer's exterior, and it sits directly next to the washer.  In addition, we had a Sears Elite in the same spot for fifteen years that died before it had any rust on it at all...at the ripe old age of fifteen.   This Samsung has been in it's home for two and a half years, and it's a big mess.  So they want me to pay to have someone come out and diagnose it.  And the person who responded was obviously not even in this county, as evidenced by the grammatical errors in the response.  Thinking it's time to contact the BBB, and perhaps some kind of mediator, to resolve this problem.  The machine needs to be fixed, or replaced.  Some of the corrosion is around the outside drum.  At the rate it is going, it will be leaking before long.  Perhaps THEN it will not be cosmetic?   We have quite a few Samsung products in our home, but this may be the last one.  I do not believe the company is not aware of this issue with it's washers. 

Mother007
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have rust on my washing machine: Samsung Top Load WA48H7400AW/A2.

It has rust, peeling paint, takes over my life with constant error codes, and another thing I forgot to mention in my post earlier today, is the mildew smell.  I've never, ever, EVER had a mildew smell from a washing machine before. 

Like many people have pointed out with thier experiences, every washing machine I've owned in the past died before it had any sign of rust.  They just don't make Samsung products like they used to.  I wish I had a Maytag so bad right now.  

Rust is not a "Cosmetic Issue", since rust being in a new/newer washing machine at all pretty much cancels out the "washing" part of the machine its self. Sounds like they should change the name to Rusting Machine.

A huge company like Samsung should be ashamed offering up double-talk to customers, calling rust a "Cosmetic Issue".  I have a small child in my house and don't want rust or flecks of paint anywhere near my child's clothes.  

Samsung needs to do the right thing and take care of these issues.