RUSTING DISHWASHER RACKS

(Topic created: 06-10-2021 03:25 PM)
user6m0IKuie8m
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My dishwasher rack model: DW80N3030US 

[edit]

is beginning to rust on the trays to the point of the parts are falling off. This was purchase in Jan 2020 from a Home Depot. Recently a Samsung technician came to my home to evaluate this and stated that this was cosmetic. How can this be cosmetic if the pieces that are holding the dishes are falling off from rust. Can Samsung explain why the dishwashers are rusting from the inside out? This is my first Samsung dishwasher I’ve owned about 4 other brand dishwashers but never had any of them rusting from the inside. Is there anyone from Samsung that can assist with this? Anyone?

0 Likes
3 Replies
user2b4X714ZNK
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm thinking pretty much everyone who owns a Samsung dishwasher has this problem with rusting racks.  They get worse and worse and we're told this is normal wear. I've owned 4 previous dishwashers from other manufacturers and never have I had this kind of problem. We have a water softener and nothing else in the house is rusting.  I think the problem is Samsung and they're not taking care  of their customers.  And of course replacement racks haven't been available for over 6 months now but you continue to sell new machines that have racks.

SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Replacement dishwasher racks are available from https://www.samsungparts.com/Default.aspx.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Naveda
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same with my Samsung, rust is now showing up on my plates.  The racks cost around $150 each, I'm looking to buy another brand.  My dishwasher is only 2 years old.  Had Kenmore dishwasher before never rusts.   

0 Likes