Original topic:

Range Display Flickering

(Topic created on: 12/10/20 6:55 AM)
useri86tA5802Y
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Samsung Stove, Model #NE59N6630SS, Control Panel Display flickering like many others, the display just started flashing the unlit symbols on the LED screen..  What can I do? 

I entered diagnostic mode and there are no error codes.

Model #NE59N6630SS, S/N 0<HIDDEN>  / Manufacured in 2017

96 Replies
useraTJhiDXif4
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm having same issue. Hopefully simple repair or warranty extension. 

0 Likes
userazi30lUUaM
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

0 Likes
userazi30lUUaM
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Been doing repairs for 30 years. Encountered this gas range with a repetitive blink. Also the oven cavity light didn't work. Diagnosed it with bad control. Installed new control and got same symptoms. After locating schematic and staring at it a while, I realized the only common link with all items was the neutral of 120v. Range was plugged into a short extension cord so we replaced it with another. Same symptoms. Finally ran cord to an outlet across the room. Solved the problem! The outlet the range was plugged into developed a neutral problem. Did not even consider this because the range had been working on this cord, in this outlet, for more than 2 years. Rookie mistake I'm owning up to to save someone else this problem.

0 Likes
userFkG0kytWGs
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Range: Model #: NE59N6630SS

SS #: [edit]

The name appliance above, along with other appliances were purchased as a gift on my 70th birthday, January 12, 2019.  I was indeed surprised and elated to receive new appliances. However, in late July 2020, prior to having to leave out of State for medical care, the display panel on the range begin flickering, constantly non-stop. 

I went online to research if there were any tips, suggestions, ect... regarding the matter.  Instead, I found comments and ratings from several customers who had or were experiencing the same issues with this model, as well as other similar models.  Furthermore, some customers had referenced that the issue was a potential fire hazard and posted pictures of damage.

Due to the immediate need for me to leave out of State  for medical care, without having time to contact with Samsung service repair, I disconnected the range power from the breaker box. I was not comfortable with leaving the power connected.

However, I returned home just recently and filed a claim for repair.  I was assigned Cook's Appliances, who were very nice and gracious.  A service technician came out today to provide services.   After removing the cover plate from the back of the stove and inspecting the wires, the technician reconnected power to the stove. As a result, the display panel wasn't  flickering.  According to the technician,  he contacted Samsung with his inspection findings, but Samsung did not authorize him to replace part because the display was not flickering at the time, and no evidence of brunt wires.

Nonetheless, I am very disappointed and concerned that  Samsung service did not approve replacement for the mechanism that controls the display panel functions.  The reason for my concerns is the potential for FIRE HAZARD.  Furthermore, as I explain to the technician, I am having to return for further medical care and treatment out State.  Therefore, I  am not comfortable with leaving the range connected with power, unattended for an extended period of time.  The technician has advise that I turn off the power as I had done before, when I leave. In the meantime, to use the range.

I do not understand Samsung rationale for not authorizing part replacement, especially when there is documented evidence of this issue and the potential danger.  Would they rather it become a serious and dangerous matter than being proactive?  Please  provide me with a rationale.

I am submitting this communication for record and file, and the hope that the matter can be resolved amicably.  An extended warranty was purchased as well, but one would not expect to have this kind of issue with a fairly new appliance. My warranty should be honored.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from someone at Samsung. 

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send your recent service ticket number to this PM Link, and I will look in to your case.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userzKqnxkyBv0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

There is no solution. This is a faulty part. Don't you see all the complaints??? Are you just waiting for enough homes to catch fire to make it unfeasable to ignore? What about the death of children? What is wrong with you people? 

0 Likes
userkXUeyBo7aK
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hmmm? This appears to be a common issue. Almost all going bad at the same time and about the same manufacturing time. This is actually my girlfriends range. She bought the range (ne59j7630sg/aa), mfg date October 2016 and a refrigerator. The range she had was 30 years old and worked perfectly fine. The reason she bought the new range was so they would match. She also bought the extended warranty on both. In May 2020 the range quit working. She called for service and turned out to be main control board. However, when they came to replace they brought the wrong part. (She had to take time off work to coordinate repair) The 2nd time they came out they did repair. (She had to take 2nd time from work)

Now she is having the "flickering display" problem. Needless to say she is pretty disappointed with her Samsung purchase.

Unhappy Customer!

0 Likes
userb2b62B8ky7
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a range that has flickering lights for the lights not in use. Ex. the oven temperature lights flicker when the oven is not on, but when it is displaying a temperature the lights stay fully lit and do not flicker.  There are no error codes and operates normally for all functions.

Any way this can be fixed?   Model: NE59J7630SS

0 Likes
userFkG0kytWGs
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I was gifted with an electric range for my birthday on 1/12/2019.  The model number is NE59N6630SS. The display panel on the stove started flickering. After doing some research, I read that other customers have had same issue, some resulted in a fire. This range is less than 2 years old, and this problem shouldn't be happening. I tried to find notification of a recall, but wasn't able to locate any type notification.

I am very disappointed in this appliance. My children and brands gifted me with new appliances on my 70th birthday. They wanted to give my kitchen a new look. All appliances are Samsung( stove, microwave, dishwasher,  and refrigerator). At this point, I'd rather kept my old 15 year old  Frigidaire appliances since they were still in very good working condition. Does anyone has any recommendations. I turned the power off for the stove at the breaker box after reading about possible fire hazard. 

Samsung, should make this right for customers, as it appears to be a major defect with this appliance.

My daughter and her husband just very recently purchased the same appliances. I must warn them to be aware. The stove is basically new, and is used only for regular meals. Thanks for allowing me to voice my disappointment.

jimyy
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

0 Likes