Make sure the door hasn't been left open.
The oven will shut off if the door is left open for too long. This is a safety precaution.
Confirm you're not in demo mode.
If you're in demo mode, the display will show tESt (or tE 5t). Some models show a d on the display, and wall ovens with an LCD screen will show DEMO at the top of the display. When in demo mode, the oven and cooktop will not heat (although a gas cooktop will still ignite).
Instructions to disable demo mode are available in the user manual.
Check the gas pressure (for gas ranges).
The oven will ignite and turn off multiple times while cooking to maintain temperature.
If the oven does not ignite at all, light one of the burners on the cooktop and try heating the oven again.
- If the burners will not light, check if the gas is turned on for the home. Contact the gas company for further assistance.
- If the oven heats up when a burner is lit, but not when the cooktop is off, the gas pressure is too high. If the range was recently installed, contact a professional installer, otherwise contact the gas company.
- If the oven does not heat up when the cooktop is on, then this will require service.
Turn off the circuit breaker for 30 seconds, then turn it back on.
Electric ovens require 240V and in a lot of homes will use two 120V circuits instead of one 240V one. In some cases, if the two circuits are not linked together correctly, one will trip and the other won't. This will cause an electric oven to still be able to turn on, but be unable to heat. (Gas ranges use only one 120V circuit and will not power on or spark the igniter if the circuit is tripped.)
Tripped circuits may not be immediately noticeable as they sometimes look like they are untripped, so cycle them off and back on again to be certain.
If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then you have a couple of options based on your warranty.
- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up.
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area.
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.