cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HelpinProsper
Asteroid

Re: Ice Off Light won't reset, Samsung French Door refrigerator won't make ice for the lower IM

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'd like to ask how I can either reset the lower ice maker or turn off the "ice off" light indicator on the door panel.

I have one ice make on the top left door working fine, but the lower unit and the one I typically use the most for hockey water bottles and filling them with ice isn't currently producing ice.

Thanks and very apprecaitive of any assistance you can lend!

Brian

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HelpinProsper
Asteroid

Re: Ice Off Light won't reset, Samsung French Door refrigerator won't make ice for the lower IM

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Last night, as fate would have it, I pressed the "off ice" area, which I had done before, but with no response, but last night it let me turn off ice to the top ice maker, then presssing it again, it turned it back on then turned on ice to the lower ice maker and now, both my top and lower ice makers are working!  Thank you for the support, ideas and work!   Appreciated by all!

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please provide the full model code of the unit so that we can look into this. Is the Ice Off indicator staying on?

HelpinProsper
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

RF323TEDBSR/AA

HelpinProsper
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, the "ice off" indicator is constantly staying on and lit on the front door panel.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried unplugging the unit for 10 minutes and then trying to turn off the Ice Off light?

HelpinProsper
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, thanks, I've tried this a few times, so a power cycle essentially is not resetting my lower ice maker to get it working.  What else can I try?  Thanks!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are still experiencing issues with your ice maker, please send us a private message to the link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

HelpinProsper
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Last night, as fate would have it, I pressed the "off ice" area, which I had done before, but with no response, but last night it let me turn off ice to the top ice maker, then presssing it again, it turned it back on then turned on ice to the lower ice maker and now, both my top and lower ice makers are working!  Thank you for the support, ideas and work!   Appreciated by all!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's great to hear! Happy you were able to get it back up and running. Let us know should you notice the symptoms returning. Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userr1tcDMiesl
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

best way to fix is never buy samsung again. had same sort of problem that led to bad compressor (sealed system) that was bought December 2013 and warranty covers 5 years so 5 years and 6 months it goes bad and to bad so sad!!! never again. BEWARE!!!!!