Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Microwave runs when the door is closed

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Microwave

Hi, I was reading all the post about the Samsung Microwave's turning on by themselves because ours just started doing that. Two nights ago I heated something up and sat on my patio to eat. When I came back in I thought I smelt something hot or burning so I went into the kitchen and could feel a lot of heat from the Microwave and realized it was running but the turntable and fan was not turning or running but it was definitely getting hot. When I opened the door it stopped. I unplugged the unit and tried it again the next morning and same thing. I can plug it in and enter a cook time and it will work normally but as soon as it's done it continues to run until I open the door again. I have been leaving it unplugged and only use it if absolutely necessary. PLEASE HELP, this appears to be a very dangerous condition. The unit is only approximately 2 years old and we got it to match all our Samsung appliances (Refrigerator, stove and dishwasher). We also own Samsung Washer, dryer, 3 tv's and 2 phones. We are very loyal Samsung owners because we were so impressed by our TV's (have had 5 total over the years) performance. 

Our model # is<Hidden> and Serial # <Hidden>

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please try the following:

• Place a cup of water inside the unit, does it heat up?
  • Unplugged microwave and wait about 5 minutes 
  • Cleaned the latch on the door 

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help you are welcome to send us a private message with the full model code and serial number in order to see if the unit is within the warranty or if it qualifies for any possible options. Messages can be sent using the following link or by visiting any mod's profile. --> http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send me a private message, I would love to look into that for you. http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue with the same model. Any solutions?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would be more than happy to look into this.  Could you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Highlighted
Astronaut

Microwave runs when the door is closed

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We purchased a Samsung microwave ME18H704SFS in May 2019 of course after a year when we close the door after completing the heating, the fan and light automatically start and won't stop until we slam the door shut. I also had a problem with the Samsung refrigerator but that's another story.  Thanks for any help or suggestions and did anybody go to the BBB?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please try the following:

• Place a cup of water inside the unit, does it heat up?
  • Unplugged microwave and wait about 5 minutes 
  • Cleaned the latch on the door 

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help you are welcome to send us a private message with the full model code and serial number in order to see if the unit is within the warranty or if it qualifies for any possible options. Messages can be sent using the following link or by visiting any mod's profile. --> http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

Microwave runs when the door is closed

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My samsung model MS19M8000AG counter top microwave turns on automatically when I close the door but will not cook nor will any of the buttons work. It is only two years old.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried unplugging the microwave for like ten minutes and then plugging it back in?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I did try that and it didn't work either.

Highlighted
Constellation

Microwave Model ME16H702SES Runs anytime the door is open

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello ,

I need help with my microwave. It runs anytime the door is open. My SN is <hidden>.