Original topic:

Re: Microwave runs when the door is closed

(Topic created on: 1/24/21 2:33 AM)
userM0mf3A7P2t
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Samsung Microwave

Hi, I was reading all the post about the Samsung Microwave's turning on by themselves because ours just started doing that. Two nights ago I heated something up and sat on my patio to eat. When I came back in I thought I smelt something hot or burning so I went into the kitchen and could feel a lot of heat from the Microwave and realized it was running but the turntable and fan was not turning or running but it was definitely getting hot. When I opened the door it stopped. I unplugged the unit and tried it again the next morning and same thing. I can plug it in and enter a cook time and it will work normally but as soon as it's done it continues to run until I open the door again. I have been leaving it unplugged and only use it if absolutely necessary. PLEASE HELP, this appears to be a very dangerous condition. The unit is only approximately 2 years old and we got it to match all our Samsung appliances (Refrigerator, stove and dishwasher). We also own Samsung Washer, dryer, 3 tv's and 2 phones. We are very loyal Samsung owners because we were so impressed by our TV's (have had 5 total over the years) performance. 

Our model # is<Hidden> and Serial # <Hidden>

0 Likes
20 Replies
Members_ngB9UJZ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My Over the range Microwave fan turns on randomly. Have unplugged and left all day but still doing it. Any idea why this is going on?

0 Likes