cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Refrigarator model RF18HFENBSR freezer stopped working

Hi, all,

This morning I noticed that the freezer in our refrigerator (French door, freezer on bottom) was no longer working -- some items in the upper drawer were already soft and there was moisture on most surfaces. The fridge itself (the non-freezer section) seems to be working. I followed the advice I found on some Samsung site, which said to check the seals (they are clean) and then to power the fridge off for 2 minutes and turn it back on.  After the restart the fridge temp is 39 (on its way to 38, I think) but the freezer temp is 39.  Before the reboot the upper section temp was 40 and the freezer temp was 43.

I called the Samsung line and the rep told me it was likely that ice had formed on a fan and that I should unplug the refrigerator for 6 hours to let the ice melt. She didn't have any advice for how to keep food from spoiling on a July day!

In any event I am pretty sure it isn't ice on a fan causing the problem because if that were the case, there should be some sort of noise, right? I used to hear a noise when opening the freezer drawer -- kind of a dying rumble, like a machine shutting down, then silence.  But now I hear nothing.

So I put in a request for a service call. The fridge was purchased in March so it's still on warranty.

Writing here to ask if anyone else has had this experience and what the real answer could be.

Thanks!

David

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Refrigarator model RF18HFENBSR freezer stopped working

I have the Sam problem today, 8/08/2020, RF18HFENBSR/US, stopped working. Purchased Jan 31, 2020. Should I call Samsung, still under warranty?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refrigarator model RF18HFENBSR freezer stopped working

I would be happy to help you with this.  Could you send me a private message so that I can get some additional information from you?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.