cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Refrigerator Door Controls

Recently moved a 4 door French Door refrigerator. After re-assembling, the freezer and drawer are working to specs and sensors are working. However, the refrigerator section and controls are having problem. The refrigerator will not cool down to 37 but stops around 40 to 44. At the same time the control panel reads 55. Also, The alarm (I assume door open alarm) is activated and there is no water or ice control. In fact, there is no water going into the the ice maker reservoir. Refrigerator lights will not come on.

The wires above the doors were plugged in according to the manual.  Also, have used the 10 minute reset procedure and installed a new water filter.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Refrigerator Door Controls

You should unplug fridge. Prop fridge back checkmunderneath fridge wires may have been pinched in move. If damaged you try cutting out pinch and soldering good ends togther. Or hire a mechanic to replace damaged wire. Your issue could be a short do to a dolly pinching wires during move. Could be computer board may be located at bottom and that is damaged. Either way it will be hard DIY repair I'd call out someone to validate you'll lose sleep trying to track electric probs.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Refrigerator Door Controls

Thanks for the advice. However, I realized that I had 1 reed switch in the wrong place on top of the door. It fell out during the move. Got it in the right spot and fridge works great.