cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Refrigerator French Door Adjustment (Gap Between Doors)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Crappy luck but 2 months out of my warranty, I discovered small slit gap on the top and bottom my refrigerator door seals when the doors are closed.

It seems the 2 french doors might be too far apart from each other. Does anyone have any advise how to adjust the doors closer together?

Model is: RF22R7551SR/AA

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refrigerator French Door Adjustment (Gap Between Doors)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

sent you a reply

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have the same problem, how do you close the gap?

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is really a design or quality control flaw. Samsung technicians came out here and tried everything. You could only adjust the center snap bar and right side refrigerator door. They tried a couple of differ positions for an hour and even replaced the seals. Even the seals are inconsistent as newer one's won't seal like the original and will need to be repositioned or worn down to seal correctly.

Even with Samsung Tech on the phone, they says this is totally normal. There will always be some sort of leakage which I don't buy that logic. Who want's to own a leaky inefficient fridge.

Lesson is to never buy a french door fridge (especially from Samsung).