cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: rf28hmedbsr ice maker issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just lost all my food again because i was not home and there was a power failure in my area.

This is the most ridiculous function that Samsung has installed in this refrigerator.

I wish the sales person at Home Depot had told me about this because i never would have bought the product.

I work long hours and cannot afford to keep throwing away spoiled food every time the power goes out which unfortunately in Montauk NY happens quite often.

If anyone from Samsung reads this message please let me know if there is anyway to overide this feature in your refrigerator. 

it's a very poor design and would not recommend anyone buying this refrigerator that cost me over 2k.

Hpefully they have an answer or it looks like i will have to pack all my  stuff in a cooler with ice if I have to go anywhere when I see a storm coming on the news and I am going to work.

What a way to live.

Extremely disappointed to say the least!

Astronaut

Ice maker not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased the Samsung French Door Refrigerator about a year and a half ago.  For the past few months, we have had problems with the ice maker not working.  The box gets frozen and no ice comes out of the dispenser.  We have defrosted it and reset it and it works for about a week and then the same problem happens again.  I have researched this and found several consumers are having the same problem.  Repairs have been made and the problem is not fixed and these people have paid hundreds of dollars to try and fix the problem.  I believe Samsung should recall this Model RF25HMEDBSR/AA.  I paid over $2,000 for this refrigerator/freezer and it should not have this problem.  It is unfair for Samsung to expect us to pay hundreds of dollars in repairs when the repairs do not fix the problem.  This should be recalled and the refrigerator should be replaced.  This is the picture of the refrigerator.  Model RF25HMEDBSR/AA.

Samsung Front.jpgSamsung Inside.jpg

Highlighted
Astronaut

Ice maker not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung french door refrigerator model #RF25HMEDBBC/AA which I purchased less than three years ago.  We have had the ice maker repaired twice and replaced the icemaker in Feb. 2017 and on July 1, 2017, yesterday...and it still is not making ice.  We have spent over $400.00 in repairs and I have also purchased a table top ice maker to use when the Samsung ice maker is not working.  (Total cost involved...over $500)  Buyer beware... If you want constant repairs to your ice maker, this is the model to purchase.  I also noticed another person having problems with their ice maker but couldn't find Samsung's response to their problem.   

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice maker not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here! Very sad, I would like to remove it and be able to have more fridge space. I will never buy a Samsung product again!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem. I can reset the icemaker, it will drop ice but have to this manually every hour if I want ice at all. Seems like my problem, besides have=ing to defrost every so often, is that the icemaker thinks the tray is full, even when it's completely empty.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a really defective product.   Not only does the ice maker not work contstanly, but even when it is working it is very slow and the capacity is terrible.  GE has cheap products with very robust ice maker.  This is very disturbing for a $3000 product.

Has anyone gotten Samsung to come fix it?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is a class action lawsuit pending against Samsung!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had ice maker "repaired" while under warranty.  Fixed problem temporarily.  After that Samsung did not return calls.  Freezes up, then won't make ice. We need to empty and remove ice and clean out the mess each week.  What's the point of having an ice maker?   Apparently we are not alone.  Any respectable company would offer a solution.  Never again will I buy Samsung. Horrible customer relations. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
We called several times and no solutions were offered.
Highlighted
Constellation

Re:RF22KREDB Ice maker not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I cannot get the cover off the ice maker to reset it after defrosting 6 hours.  It is interesting that it took over a year (past warranty) to develop this problem?  So a hairdryer helps defrost?  Where do you aim the hairdryer?  The side or the front?  Well, I am not going to stand there holding a hair dryer anyway.  Maddening!!!