Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userILH87SEG0S
Astronaut

RF28JBEDBSG

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ice maker is a piece. 

Started with defrosting. Worked for awhile. Next try was pulling out all interior parts. Drying them out. All frozen up. Sealed all the seams and joints inside and out with your very expensive silicone. Replaced. Worked about a month. Now I’m hearing the fan in the back needs replaced. I have bought 2 ice making front units and ordered a new fan. Will see what that does since it’s 2 weeeks out. I think the basic problem is the ice maker being in the fridge part of the refrigerator. 

userLu9difgqjo
Constellation

Ice Maker Freezing Up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone found a solution for this problem?  We purchased our fridge in Nov 2016 with a 3-year extended warrenty (model RF22KREDBSR).  The problems started about 6 months later and continue to this day.  I've read posts about people coming to fix it, but the problem returns.  I'd like to get it serviced but want to know if a fix has been found before I do.

EDC2491
Astronaut

Re: Ice Maker Freezing Up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same problem, freezes over a couple times a month.  After defrosting it every time I was going to have it repaired.  Not worth the cost, I buy a 10 lb bag of ice every 3 days. Cost $2.00, I can buy a lot of ice for the cost of the repair.  NO MORE SAMSUNG PR

userjgXTEDhvSx
Constellation

samsung RF263BEAESER ice out again

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have had this repaired under warranty once already. It has been freezing up more and more again latley. The repair man installed a new ice maker and the upate. I not sure why but seems like there are many many people with same problem and concern. I guess we will have to join the other unsatisfied customers. Do I have to pay someone every year to replace icemaker and fix at my cost? I dont I should. there should some sort of assistance to have this repair even more so if been repair before. I am open to ideas on what to do. model #RF263BEAESR/AA  S/N# <Hidden> 

usergNzCiWlJrP
Constellation

rf28hmedbsr ice maker issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Theice maker works fine, but now it frosts over inside compartment every 3 weeks or so. Why does this now happen?

edit: I think I now know there's a leak inside the icemaker compartment. What needs replaced? ice maker or fill valve or both??

usergNzCiWlJrP
Constellation

Re: rf28hmedbsr ice maker issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

update: I found this one which is a very good step-by-step on this particular refer and ice maker.

https://edmondappliancerepairokc.com/samsung-french-door-ice-maker-frosting-up/

I did not go to point of removal but did disassemble enough to where I could completely defrost it. (yes I used a dreaded hair dryer) The trick is complete defrost and drying of compartment. Can't say for sure but it appears there was ice buildup (that I was not removing) causing the more frequent issues. So far so good.

user1PjJ2Ebt7j
Asteroid

Re: rf28hmedbsr ice maker issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just lost all my food again because i was not home and there was a power failure in my area.

This is the most ridiculous function that Samsung has installed in this refrigerator.

I wish the sales person at Home Depot had told me about this because i never would have bought the product.

I work long hours and cannot afford to keep throwing away spoiled food every time the power goes out which unfortunately in Montauk NY happens quite often.

If anyone from Samsung reads this message please let me know if there is anyway to overide this feature in your refrigerator. 

it's a very poor design and would not recommend anyone buying this refrigerator that cost me over 2k.

Hpefully they have an answer or it looks like i will have to pack all my  stuff in a cooler with ice if I have to go anywhere when I see a storm coming on the news and I am going to work.

What a way to live.

Extremely disappointed to say the least!

Highlighted
userUVzjVxAPxP
Astronaut

Ice maker not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased the Samsung French Door Refrigerator about a year and a half ago.  For the past few months, we have had problems with the ice maker not working.  The box gets frozen and no ice comes out of the dispenser.  We have defrosted it and reset it and it works for about a week and then the same problem happens again.  I have researched this and found several consumers are having the same problem.  Repairs have been made and the problem is not fixed and these people have paid hundreds of dollars to try and fix the problem.  I believe Samsung should recall this Model RF25HMEDBSR/AA.  I paid over $2,000 for this refrigerator/freezer and it should not have this problem.  It is unfair for Samsung to expect us to pay hundreds of dollars in repairs when the repairs do not fix the problem.  This should be recalled and the refrigerator should be replaced.  This is the picture of the refrigerator.  Model RF25HMEDBSR/AA.

Samsung Front.jpgSamsung Inside.jpg

useri3zDbcTYI4
Astronaut

Ice maker not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung french door refrigerator model #RF25HMEDBBC/AA which I purchased less than three years ago.  We have had the ice maker repaired twice and replaced the icemaker in Feb. 2017 and on July 1, 2017, yesterday...and it still is not making ice.  We have spent over $400.00 in repairs and I have also purchased a table top ice maker to use when the Samsung ice maker is not working.  (Total cost involved...over $500)  Buyer beware... If you want constant repairs to your ice maker, this is the model to purchase.  I also noticed another person having problems with their ice maker but couldn't find Samsung's response to their problem.   

userIO3hggkByw
Constellation

Re: Ice maker not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here! Very sad, I would like to remove it and be able to have more fridge space. I will never buy a Samsung product again!