cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Refrigerator Ice Maker Issues (All Models)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi everyone,

I have RF23J9011SR/AA which was purchased in 2015.  Ice maker issues started about a year later. I have been following this thread since that time. Yesterday I finally got around to installing the little water draining clips and 24 hours later it appears to have done the trick. No frost build up and a bucket full of ice. Of course it's only been 24 hours so I'll try to remember to check back in next month. 

I looked up DA82-02367A on Amazon. It's was $13.  Box arrived and I felt ripped off because it's a small plastic frame and 2 tiny clips. No installation instructions provided so I just googled "DA82-02367A installation" and the first video that popped up had really easy step by step instructions. 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userIHM3xX40O3 wrote:

None of the solutions work.  We spent $2k on this refrigerator.  Shouldn't be too much to expect the icemaker to work correctly without the efforts we've puit in.  We've done all the so-called "fixes" that didn't fix the problem.  I used to be a fan of Samsung products, but no longer.  We're going to get rid of thios piece of garbage and will rethink purchases of antything from Samsung in future.

When you had the icemaker modual out did you follow the list for fixes and check to make sure that the end of the tubing where the water enters the icemaker compartment was orented corretly? Mine was right in the middle where the instructions said it should be. I didn't have to mess with that.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

nopost

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not Solved. My Experience with Samsung Customer service. 

Ive had the fridge for several years and the icemaker has consistently been an issue.

2018- I called samusng about this icemaker. They asked me to turn off the icemaker for a few days.

2018- Called again and they told us to silicone around the icebox.

2018- Called and they had a service tech come out. He told me this is a common problem with no fix but to request a kit. I was told by tech to ask for a  Samsung supervisor  and push for a kit. I told supervior that I would pay for service call $180 if they would send the kit.

2019- Kit was installed and it worked great. 

2020- Icemaker issues are back and I called Samsung. They set up a service call but had my number incorrect and cancled my service call. After contacting local service provider they told me to ask for a Samsung supervisor and that the new kit included a new electrical board.

2020- Today- Called Samsung customer service. Service rep explained that the black rollers on bottom of the front of fridge must be off the ground. She had me adjust the front feet of the fridge until the rollers were off the ground. Told me that would solve the issues with the icemaker. I adjusted the feet then asked for a supervisor. She was very pushy and did not want to contact her supervisor. I pushed back and reviewed my history with her and told her that I wanted a new kit and was not going to pay for it or pay for the service call. She contacted her supervior who approved the service call and new kit which I was told I will not have to pay for.

I hope this is the end of my issues and I never have to visit this again.Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

ICE MAKER ISSUE FINALLY SOLVED.

After years of trying to yank out my stuck ice bucket and finding the ice maker jammed with frozen ice, my issue is finally SOLVED. I called Samsung and the company sent out a technician to replace a hose in the back and (I think) the motherboard that regulates the ice maker all for FREE. Apparently the refrigerator's programming didn't cycle properly to defrost the ice maker periodically, and/or when it did drain, it got stuck in the hose. So it's been two days now and I checked the ice bucket, and amazingly, there's plenty of ice cubes, but no ice stuck to the ice bucket or jammed ice. I guess I no longer need to join the class action lawsuit. I asked the technician why doesn't Samsung advise its customers of the fix or issue a recall? Has a risk management analyst advised them that a recall is too expensive and they'd rather wait for people to complain? I don't know. But I do know that a fix is available, and you should call Samsung to have a technician fix your fridge. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userqk3T4Bba6N wrote:

ICE MAKER ISSUE FINALLY SOLVED.

After years of trying to yank out my stuck ice bucket and finding the ice maker jammed with frozen ice, my issue is finally SOLVED. I called Samsung and the company sent out a technician to replace a hose in the back and (I think) the motherboard that regulates the ice maker all for FREE. Apparently the refrigerator's programming didn't cycle properly to defrost the ice maker periodically, and/or when it did drain, it got stuck in the hose. So it's been two days now and I checked the ice bucket, and amazingly, there's plenty of ice cubes, but no ice stuck to the ice bucket or jammed ice. I guess I no longer need to join the class action lawsuit. I asked the technician why doesn't Samsung advise its customers of the fix or issue a recall? Has a risk management analyst advised them that a recall is too expensive and they'd rather wait for people to complain? I don't know. But I do know that a fix is available, and you should call Samsung to have a technician fix your fridge. 

Have you read the other complaints here? Samsung refuses to fix fridges that are out of warranty. This problem is well known to them and they hope that it wil go away, or that the people who have this issue go away, I guess (just like our potus hopes that the virus will go away on it's own).

Your icemaker has worked for two days? I hope that it continues that way, don't hold your breath...

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The technician said my fridge was still under warranty. It's been two weeks now, and the icemaker is still working perfectly. No frost, no stuck cubes, and the bucket comes out each day. Yes, I have read many of the complaints online. You may be correct. If the fridge is out of warranty, Samsung may be playing the waiting game to see if they lose the class-action lawsuit, which may be cheaper than fixing the issue. My deepest sympathies to the people who are still having problems with their fridge. 

Highlighted
Constellation

ICE Maker model rf28jbedbsr do not work

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the samsumg fridge RF28BEDBSR like 2 years ago , but after the first year the ice maker stop working. Everything is a whole bunch of a ball of ice over the ice maker, you can"t remove the ice basket!the ice maker stop making ice and every 2 weeks you have to defrost it. When you call customer service and spend more then 30 minutes by phone for a person that only tell you to defrost it or turn off the fridge for 4 hours!!!what??? more than 3k fridge and you have to defrost it like and old garbage fridge???  no guarantee because is more than a year. The only that the custumer service did after wasting my time and my nerves was gave me the phone number or a private thecnician to come over the house and charge me a lot and the technician told me that the work dont have guarantee!! Very dissapointed with SAMSUMG! i WILL NEVER HAV ANYTHING ELSE FROM sAMSUMG! iF THEY HAVE A LOT OF REPORTS FROM THE SAME FRIDGE WHY THEY DID NOT FIX IT!!! AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS REALLY BAD!!

Highlighted
Constellation

Ice Maker Stops Making Ice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi all,

I have a RF263BEAESR refrigerator that has been having issues with the ice maker lately.

My ice maker seems to make ice when I manually reset it. But after the initial test load it seems to stop. After I've used all the ice cubes from the test load, it doesn't seem to create anymore (even after waiting several days afterwards). I've tried to reset it several times now but it only ever seems to make the test load.

I've already taken most of the refrigerator apart and there was some ice built up at the back (not the ice maker), so I melted it all using defrost mode.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!

Highlighted
Constellation

Model RF4289HARS/XAA Ice Maker not making ice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model RF4289HARS/XAA

Unti stopped making ice about a week ago.

Remedies tried:

1) Unit is in ice making mode

2) Confirmed unit is getting enough water.  Approximately 10-12 oz in a ten second period.

3) Unit is not frozen nor needs defrosting.

4) Pushed Reset button on ice maker, unit chimes twice, ice maker does not cycle.  Waited 24 hours no ice.  Did this three days in a row waited 24 hours.

5) Unplugged machine for 10 minutes.  Plugged back in, pushed reset button.  Unit chimes twice, does not cycle, no ice 24 hours later

6) Unit does not flow water to the ice maker.

7) removed ice maker to inspect, no ice, no water, completely dry.

What other test can be performed.  Do I need to check the solenoid on the water inlet, or is this most likely an issue with the Ice Maker itself.