Mine did the same. I narrowed it down to the water filter. Bought the OEM Samsung Water Filter for my model, RF263T, reset it, now ice is flowing.
I'm sorry but I don't beleive your post. You narrowed it down to the water filter? How exactly did you arrive at that conclusion? There's no way that the ice maker mess is caused by using a water filter made by some other company other than Samsung.
Unti stopped making ice about a week ago.
1) Unit is in ice making mode
2) Confirmed unit is getting enough water. Approximately 10-12 oz in a ten second period.
3) Unit is not frozen nor needs defrosting.
4) Pushed Reset button on ice maker, unit chimes twice, ice maker does not cycle. Waited 24 hours no ice. Did this three days in a row waited 24 hours.
5) Unplugged machine for 10 minutes. Plugged back in, pushed reset button. Unit chimes twice, does not cycle, no ice 24 hours later
6) Unit does not flow water to the ice maker.
7) removed ice maker to inspect, no ice, no water, completely dry.
What other test can be performed. Do I need to check the solenoid on the water inlet, or is this most likely an issue with the Ice Maker itself.
The only difference is that I did get the test ice to drop, then nothing else. I changed the water filter with the OEM Samsung Water Filter for my model, RF263T. Reset, test ice dropped in 6 mins, then a few hours ice began to flow.
I came on here to check if there's any recalls on refrigerators and stoves. Unfortunately I came across consumers with exact same issues a about their ice maker. WOW!!! I also read the solutions that was given by Samsung reps. HOWEVER, that never worked for me. I also came across a comment about lawsuit. How can I sign up? How can re be refunded? I'm scared to see about my stove now. I loved Samsung. My appliances, electronics, and phones are Samsung. Now I need to be cautious because the issues I'm having seems to be the norm for a lot of consumers
I had ice maker issues. My refrigerator was several years out of warranty. I contacted Samsung and explained the issue. They sent out a Samsung service tech, he replaced the entire ice maker with a special kit that had all the components, all no charge. It works great now.
samsung rf28jbedbsr/aa Piece of dung
Ice maker not wiorking. No ice coming out my 3000.00+ family hub refrigerator!+.
ice maker I will never ever buy anything Samsung ever again. The customer service is horrible. The unit is terrible. Don't buy.