cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refrigerator RF23M8070SR Ice maker issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ userllEmwt89lY Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

userlRaoa0Dd0f
Constellation

Re: Refrigerator RF23M8070SR Ice maker issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes-- my ice maker ALSO does not work anymore. It creates a huge block of ice rather than ice cubes. I have used a chisel and hammer to chip away at the ice block and have also used a hair dryer to melt it. It keeps coming back. When I spent hundreds of dollars on a brand new refrigerator this is not what I signed up for. Will NEVER purchase a Samsung refrigerator again.

Highlighted

Water Leak from Ice Maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a RF28HMEDBSR/AA 04 that just recently started leaked water from the ice dispenser in the door.  It'll drop out and collect in the water tray and then spill to the floor.  There is also water visible on the white rubber seal from the ice "chute" to the ice maker inside the door.  And the ice stored inside the ice maker tends to be wet and or slushy as it gets closer to the exit point of the ice maker.  

All other parts of the fridge are working fine.  How can this be fixed?

Pic 1 - leaking water exterior door

Pic 2 - inside of ice chute

Pic 3 - inside of door chute seal

Pic 4 - opening of ice maker

Pic 5 - interior of ice maker with icing 

Pic 6 - ice in ice maker tray

20170730_142754.jpg

20170730_142911.jpg

20170730_142802.jpg

20170730_142808.jpg

20170730_142829.jpg

20170730_142823.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Water Leak from Ice Maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the rest of the freezer as cold as it should be? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The freezer itself is fine and consistently at -2°- it's at the bottom of the apploance, the issue is with the ice maker which is inside the top french door "above freezing temperature" section which is set to 38°.
userfDoT0dw8Q5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We just started having the same issue with our ice maker in the last couple of week.   It's less than a year old so concerned this will be an ongoing issue.   Any assistance will be appreciated.  

TSabos
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We also have had this problem on an almost 2 yr old unit the last couple months, but I haven't had time to look into it.  If something comes of this thread it will be helpful, because opening the door only to have water spill out onto the floor every couple days is getting a bit frustrating.  Also, some water pools in the ice release tray in the door, so when you go to get ice you get a nice surprise of water first sometimes.

RF28HFEDBSR

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to confirm, for anyone really, have you checked the door seals to make sure the door is closing properly and there are no breaks or tears in the gasket?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

TSabos
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After looking at the gasket it seems extremely flimsy with a poor design and seal.  I found the below video and will be trying to make it more stable and see what happens. It may not work for all or anyone of course.. but it definitely seems like a valid reason for condensation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXL2sDGFkR0

A simple fix for leaking ice maker in Samsung refrigerator.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A lot of the time, that's the issue.  Keep us posted if the fix works for you.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.