cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Re: Fixed?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usertE1t6f06pF wrote:

Did the redesigned augur, ice tray, and a device to channel water down to the evaporator coils fix the Samsung ice maker issue? 

Not for us.  It did give us a good month or so where the icemaker was functioning fairly normally though

Astronaut

Re: Fixed?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just called Samsung. The nice operator just pat me on the head and nicely told me how dumb I was to buy their product!  I have the same issues as everyone and I am a builder.  You gotta figure I'll never install a Samsung again in any of the homes I build.  I will even add a factual rendition of my experiance to anyone who will listen.  Maybe this ice maker will go the way of the albatross. 

Asteroid

Re: RF28HFEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UPDATE: Samsung has issued a Service Repair bulletin to the authorized service centers. I was shown this by the repair man so I have verified it.  They have come up with a new design and are replacing icemaker only on warrented items. The icemaker is longer and there is a couple of clips that are included. This is suppose to seal the issue of air getting in and freezing up the ice maker. The repair man said to request Samsung to replace mine under this fix but I was denied since this is a "warrented repair" and not a recall. This is completely unacceptable. I have a $3000 5 year old refrigerator and have dumped money in this to replace the ice maker and all the parts. IT STILL FREEZES UP! Shame on you Samsung for not standing by your product with clearly a defective issue. If you redesigned the icemaker you need to issue a recall so we can stop pouring money down the drain and have a useful product. I will be posting this on every social media outlet I can. All those who read this please share. Again there is a Service Bulletin issued to the Authorized Service Centers to replace the icemaker with the new design only for warrented refrigerators.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My refrigerator is less than 90 days old. But why would I want to keep a defective refrigerator? Even if they replaced this icemaker, what guarantee do you have it will work 6 months from now. Then what? Rely on the superior service provided by Samsung?? Agree - SHAME ON YOU SAMSUNG. YOU ARE A DISGRACE OF A BUSINESS.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have a RF323TEDBSR. It is about 1.5 years old. The repairman just left a few hours ago. Our repairman said Samsung told him to install the newest ice maker this time. We are on our second replacement ice maker but this time we needed a new bucket (last one cracked), auger and the ice maker was all frozen up.

Ice maker had been sealed on the sides last time. It now has the clip kit installed as well. It looks like the newest one got installed. It is longer and comes almost to the front of the ice maker box. I am surely glad we purchased an extended warranty. It paid for itself the very first visit. (4 total now). Bought thru Home Depot. The bucket and clip kit were quoted at $319 without the new ice maker. First ice maker was $250 installed.  I will update in about 30 days. I hope you guys without extended warranties get some satisfaction. Design flaw for sure.

Update: Wow the new one cranks out the ice. Did a bucket in about 10 hrs.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have this machine and I will never purchase another Samsung product again. very poor I have a 30 year old amana that still works and this machine lasted less than 2 years

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have had the same issue. When i brought it to their attention, and they said they had no other reports of this issue. I shared with them that on their own website discussion board several people have had the same problem and st what point do they look into it being a flaw and come up with a reasonable solution. Telloing your costumer to empty their whole fridge and freezer and let it thaw out is unacceptable. Since i bought this fridge it has had problems

Constellation

samsung rf323te ice maker freezes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to the list. It seems we don't use the ice maker enough to keep it clear. I get a few months out of the defrost "fix" but it seems Samsung needs to step up here. I've also had the problem where the back panel freezes. I had that replaced 4 times under extended warrenty. Next time I'm replacing this nightmare... Samsung? are you listening?

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

count me in. same problem. while i had extended warrenty i called had had the system serviced each time.

now i'm out of warrenty and am defrosting.

samsung? is there a real solution for this?

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's unfortunate but I am joining the class too.  Just started noticing this on my 14 month old refrigerator.  Based on everything I have read on here, it appears as though it is a waste of both time and money to go the service route.  Its amazing that anyone from Samsung can be involved in this thread and the company has still chooses to not take action for an obvious default in their product, regardless of warranty.